B1850 code

Holty

Dude,...I hope you are not driving with that code! :uhoh: That may seem insignifigant but it is a very serious condition!

Make sure you check your check muffler berrings, as I have seen them fail due to a Driver Lumbar Horiz Sensor failure,...it wasn't pretty :nonod:

Dude,...I hope you are not driving with that code!  :uhoh:  That may seem insignifigant but it is a very serious condition!

Make sure you check your check muffler berrings, as I have seen them fail due to a Driver Lumbar Horiz Sensor failure,...it wasn't pretty  :nonod:

:crackup:

Dude,...I hope you are not driving with that code!  :uhoh:  That may seem insignifigant but it is a very serious condition!

Make sure you check your check muffler berrings, as I have seen them fail due to a Driver Lumbar Horiz Sensor failure,...it wasn't pretty  :nonod:

is that like checking your headlight fluid :dunno:

Dude,...I hope you are not driving with that code!   :uhoh:  That may seem insignifigant but it is a very serious condition!

is that like checking your headlight fluid :dunno:

Yup. :D And changing your tire air to summer air vs. winter air. We can do this all day....

Info on that from the GM service information.

DTC B1850, B1860, B1960, B2355, B2365, or B2375

Circuit Description

The driver seat module monitors the positions of most of the seat adjuster motors using hall effect type position sensors. The hall effect position sensors are supplied with battery positive reference and ground circuits from the driver seat module. The position sensor signal circuits are supplied battery positive voltage through a resistor then monitored within the driver seat module. During adjuster motor operation the hall effect position sensor provides a single pulse for every adjuster motor shaft rotation. The driver seat module counts the pulses from the position sensor signal circuits to determine the adjuster motor positions when storing or recalling memory seat position settings.

Conditions for Running the DTC

The system voltage must be between 9.0-16.0 volts.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The driver seat module does not detect position sensor movement during adjuster motor operation.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The affected seat adjuster motor will operate approximately 1 revolution and stop each time the adjuster switch is activated.

The memory recall functions for the seat motor with a current status DTC will be disabled.

When the fault is no longer present a history status DTC will be stored, and memory operation will be restored.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

The DTC will be current for as long as the fault is present.

When the fault is no longer present the DTC will be a history status code.

The history DTC will be cleared after 100 error free ignition cycles, or by using the scan tool clearing DTCs feature

There is some info for that code, but I need to know which A/C system you have.

Recomended to check for this concern:

Check the I/P junction block connectors C4, C5, and C8 (Document ID # 1562972) for poor terminal tension, backed out terminals or connectors not fully seated.

Check the I/P junction block connectors C4, C5, and C8 (Document ID # 1562972) for poor terminal tension, backed out terminals or connectors not fully seated.

I've got the manual controls.

Are those junction block connectors the ones located on the passenger door area, similar to the driver's fuse block?

Thanks

Justin

I've got the manual controls.

Are those junction block connectors the ones located on the passenger door area, similar to the driver's fuse block?

Thanks

Justin

Hey Zippy, have you had a chance to check on this for the manual controls?

Thanks

Circuit Description

The following DTCs are for the HVAC door actuators:

• B0414 is for the left air temperature actuator.

• B0424 is for the right air temperature actuator.

• B3770 is for the mode actuator.

The HVAC control module controls the HVAC door actuators to regulate the airflow through the HVAC system. Each actuator consists of a stepper motor, a logic circuit, and a potentiometer. The potentiometer inside the door actuator allows the module to monitor the current position of the actuator drive shaft. The module supplies a 5-volt source voltage to the potentiometer on the 5-volt reference circuit. The module supplies ground to the potentiometer through the low reference circuit. The HVAC control module monitors the voltage drop across the potentiometer on the door position signal circuit. When the actuator shaft rotates, the voltage on the door position signal circuit changes. The module converts the voltage value to a count value where 1-volt is approximately equal to 51 counts.

The HVAC control module calibrates the travel range of the HVAC door actuators when it is initially powered by the battery positive voltage circuit. During calibration, the module commands the actuators in each direction until door travel is stopped. The module stores the minimum door positions and the maximum door positions of each actuator into memory. The total travel range is calculated by subtracting the minimum door position from the maximum door position. The door actuators can be calibrated again with a scan tool.

Conditions for Running the DTC

• Battery voltage is 8.7-16.5 volts.

• The ignition is ON.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The DTC sets when one of the following conditions are present:

• The actual door position value for the actuator is less than 5 counts.

• The actual door position value for the actuator is greater than 250 counts.

• The actuator fails calibration because the calculated travel range value is too great or too small.

• If the DTC sets because the actual door position value is out of range, the HVAC control module will command the actuator to a default position.

• If the DTC sets because the actuator failed a calibration, the HVAC control module will attempt to calibrate the motor in the next transition from OFF to RUN mode.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

• The DTC will become history if the HVAC control module no longer detects the condition that set the DTC.

• The history DTC will clear after 100 fault free ignition cycles.

• The DTC can be cleared with a scan tool.

Diagnostic Aids

• If the condition is not present refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems.

• If the DTC sets following a calibration of the door actuator, inspect the door and the actuator for the following conditions:

- A misaligned actuator

- Broken linkages or binding linkages

- A broken door or a binding door

- An obstruction that prevents the door from operating within the full range of motion

- Missing seals to the door

- Poor connections at the harness connector of the door actuator

• If a signal circuit of an actuator is short to ground and the resistance across the internal potentiometer is low, then this condition could cause a multiple DTC concern.

•  If the DTC sets because the actual door position value is out of range, the HVAC control module will command the actuator to a default position. 

:banghead: Looks like I've gotta tear some stuff apart to get to the actuators...

Thanks for posting up the info. :thumbs: