Flowmaster with side dual exit

Simon

I just received my new built exhaust system ans the guys could not put anything bigger than 2.25" pipes :dunno: He tells me it's going to be more than enough for my truck and that I would not need anything bigger than that until I reach 400-500hp...

Long story short, I don't feel any gain in HP but the sound is not bad :jester:

I'll be receiving my cam and tune pretty soon and it's a 228/230 soo i'll be around 450hp at the flywheel...

So my questions is how do you like my setup and are those pipes too small or it's just the Flowmaster that don't do a thing in adding power :eek:

Thanks!

:cheers:

Here are the pics:

89580.jpg

89581.jpg

89582.jpg

89587.jpg

89588.jpg

90150.jpg

Edited by Simon (see edit history)

JF-03-SS : What size pipe is used on yours?

I printed out your pic to show the exhaust shop!

Yeah I was kind of pissed but he told me when the truck was already on the lift :banghead:

The inlets on this muffler are 2.25" already smaller than factory.

Edited by Simon (see edit history)

JF-03-SS : What size pipe is used on yours?

I printed out your pic to show the exhaust shop!

Yeah I was kind of pissed but he told me when the truck was already on the lift :banghead:

The inlets on this muffler are 2.5" already smaller than factory.

I believe the head pipe is 2.75" (stock) and my tails are 2.5" They should be able to do what every you want size wise :dunno: why they couldn't.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

i run an exhaust like that from flowmaster but have 2.5 tails

its more of the inlet pipes that matter in large diameter then the tail pipe size. since your pipes are short you could have larger but i wouldnt of paid for that exhaust. it has press fit bends which hurt

your probably flowing less now then you did stock

i run an exhaust like that from flowmaster but have 2.5 tails

its more of the inlet pipes that matter in large diameter then the tail pipe size. since your pipes are short you could have larger but i wouldnt of paid for that exhaust. it has press fit bends which hurt

your probably flowing less now then you did stock

i got an 2006 sss and it comes with 3.5inch exhaust pipes ... according to the specs. but i dont know if that is true for later model sss

I'm sorry, but there is no reason for him to tell you he cannot do bigger than 2.25 other than thefact that he had a 2.25" muffler in stock and wanted to unload it on you!!.

I would take that POS sysstem back to him and demand a refund. Even if it was 2.5", the workmanship on bending those pipes is terrible.

Print these and show them to him.....They are 2.5" and room for more.

post-3330-1156082725_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1156082750_thumb.jpg

Very nice system :thumbs: That's got to be LOUD! There is magnaflow distributor near too but I don't know about the sound...the sound clip on their site isn't what I am looking for. Might just be a better place to have it installed than Midas...

Part of the problem is that - I - ordered that specific muffler since another member had it on his truck. When measuring, I found some bends that have a diameter of 2" in the smallest...that's gotta hurt too. :puke:

The guy told me there would be resonnance by bending pipes like that at 90 degrees :dunno: is that so?