boost problem

i have 4th gear wot on my truck but when i hit about 4500rpm i loose all boost and i cant hear the blower whine . any ideas what this could be or even happend to anyone else . it was happening before i rebuilt the engine

Sounds like you hit your speed limiter around 105-108 or so... happened to me too... I need to get it removed ASAP .. lol. It threw me off too, because it doesnt misfire like a normal speed governor, it just closes the throttle plate or something...

i have 4th gear wot on my truck but when i hit about 4500rpm i loose all boost and i cant hear the blower whine . any ideas what this could be or even happend to anyone else . it was happening before i rebuilt the engine

Perhaps punkt71 is on the right track... but 4500 in 4th gear is 140-145mph not 105-108 :eek:

thats what i thought but why would it be there GM has no reason to put it there and my truck is still pulling hard when it happens . hopfully westers has an answer cause that srt 10 needs a beating  :D

It's not a GM thing, that would be a tune thing. I'll bet that Westers has you limited to that speed.

well i talked with westers he says its not a computer problem . bothe lyndon and davenport suggested that my by pass was opening under the high load at that speed . it does have some adjustment so i will try that tonight if not maybe a different spring . am i the only radix to go this fast ? i am only makin about 7.5 lbs of boost there are people on here that are running more than that with a radix .

i tried sliding the bypass valve back on its mounts this didnt do anything . should i try another spring ? someone said that 4400rpm in 4th was 140mph or so, this is the only time this happens and no one seems to know why :banghead: . has anyone with a radix pulled over 5000rpm in 4th gear ? there has to be an answer to this