to part out or rebuild... that is the question

CaboRob

$15,500...Mmmmmm...would it be worth it to fix or rape it to the bone?I dont know lots of good parts there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-S...pagenameZWDVW:D

eBay Motors: Chevrolet : Silverado 1500 (item 320016163038 end time Aug-20-06 19:20:00 PDT)

i'm surprised that it was totaled. seen a lot worse being repaired. :dunno:

i know a guy here who could fix it for about 6k does body work out of his house, and has all the right stuff to take care of the frame dammage..but for parts you can make good money if you had buyers for it.....

:seeya:

A shame - that thing's a ridiculously overpriced DOG, there's now way I can see of recouping $15-grand through parting it out. And it'll never be at it's full value again - it's now legally crippled with a SALVAGED TITLE, even fixed-up mint it's a carfax bastard child so no it's not worth $24K. I think $15.5K is too much for it, if it had a clear title I would feel different; I had a '99 Expedition 4x4 receive almost the same exact damage (frame bent ahead of steering box) and it required a replacement frame, new front clip, and paint - that was a $8500 job and I bet the SS pictured here is going to require nearly the same. They need to get the price WAY down, like around $10K and then it would be worth making a project out of.

Mr. P.

A shame - that thing's a ridiculously overpriced DOG, there's now way I can see of recouping $15-grand through parting it out.  And it'll never be at it's full value again - it's now legally crippled with a SALVAGED TITLE, even fixed-up mint it's a carfax bastard child so no it's not worth $24K.  I think $15.5K is too much for it, if it had a clear title I would feel different; I had a '99 Expedition 4x4 receive almost the same exact damage (frame bent ahead of steering box) and it required a replacement frame, new front clip, and paint - that was a $8500 job and I bet the SS pictured here is going to require nearly the same.  They need to get the price WAY down, like around $10K and then it would be worth making a project out of.

Mr. P.

very true Mr.P

Here's the way I see it:

hood 300$

fender 150$

head+flasher 200$

bumber 300$

grill 200$

wheel 200$

windshield 250$ installed

airbag 200$

airbag module or reprogram 50$

rad support 100$

radiator 300$

frame work 800$

body work 1000$

total 4200$ plus all the other things you didn't expect and the inspection :cry:

You've got to know somebody in the autobody business or you'll be taken care of !!! :jester:

total would be 19000$

I was happy to save 2000$ when i bought mine, but I bought it repaired.

It's all up to you, the truck looks nice too.

Hope this helps