Test drove a jeep SRT8

As I drove back from my chev dealer I saw just down the road that the chrysler dealer was unloading a brand new jeep grand cherokee SRT8. I pulled in checked it out and arranged a test drive. Boy does that jeep haul ass, the trailblazer SS is fast but that jeep is faster. I do like louder exhaust note and the roar that it makes. Interior wise fit and finish is similar to the trailblazer SS but I like the center console on the jeep better. The jeep does take turns very well, and there is less body roll than the TBSS. There is also less play in the wheel and the jeep is more responsive. I am actually quite impressed with the SRT8 jeep. I might look at it more later.

I've seen two in the last week and fell in love with them both. They really are an all-around better vehicle, inside and out. If they were the same price it would have been a no-brainer - SRT-8 - but I got a great deal on the TBSS.

My wife has bought a new Jeep every 2 years since 1988. She is a real Jeep nut. About a month we went to trade her 2004 for a 2006. :D Of course I steered her to the SRT, and she liked it, it was only $4000 more than the Limited we were looking at, but we must have the only honest salesman around. He asked her what kind of driving she did and then told her it would be a very poor choice for her. :mad: Anyway, we ended up with the Limited and without a Hemi. It's just as well, I probably wouldn't have liked her to have a faster ride than me. :D

That sales man sold you something they had to get rid of, knowing that SRT8 wouldnt sit there for long.

As far as the SRT8, yes...great, its fast, it is awd, and modestly affordable, but one thing you fail to mention, what the hell can you tow with it? :dunno: The answer is absolutely nothing. Have you seen the tail pipe placement? right where the hitch needs to go. :crackup: Also, it's not rated for any towing whatsoever. One of the very short comings I think with the whole SRT platform. The SRT10 Ram is not rated for towing either. A truck that you cant evn tow your boat with... :dunno: So I would gladly sacrifice the slightly faster vehicle for the options of actually using the vehicle as it was intended, to move lots of stuff and tow. :thumbs:

I know there have been alot of "issues" concerning henessey's reputation lately, but check out this SRT8 turbo 620hp for sale on ebay.

Turbo Jeep SRT8

Oh well. I cant get the dam link thing to work, keeps giving page not found errors. Search Ebaymotors for srt8 in the jeep section and you will find it along with a 500hp version as well. Pretty impressive. I wonder what a tbss with a radix would do? 525hp? mid 12's?

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I drove my buddy's brand new Chrysler 300 SRT8 a couple weeks ago and was truly impressed- he took it to the track last night, bone stock with no alterations whatsoever it ran a 13.12 @ 107+ mph.

How much does the Jeep SRT8 weigh?

According to the mopar websites the 300 is heavier by a little more than 100lbs. The jeep and chrysler websites state that the jeep is faster to 60 has a higher skidpad rating and motortrend found the jeep to have a faster 1/4 than the 300, but when going to higher speeds like 100mph the aerodynamics take over and the 300 is significantly quicker. From car and driver the jeep is 0-60 in 4.5 1/4 in 13.2 and the 300 is 4.7 and 13.2. Damn fast in my books