Radix cold start hesitation

Hey all!

I've got an 05 SS w/ the Radix, 2.9" pulley, long-tubes, corsa, NGKTR6's, and a dyno tune. The truck was bought here from a forum member...and overall I'm very happy with it. The truck pulls like a freight train and I love the stealth factor of the exhaust....it really gets peoples attention when you want it to! :driving:

However, I've noticed more and more lately that when I first start the truck up and I'm driving around, it seems to be hesitating to accelerate unless I really get on it. Once it is warmed up, it runs fine. I'm trying to find a good South Florida tuner to take a look at it as the truck was originally dyno-tuned in North Carolina by the original owner. Also, I'm noticing I'm only getting 11-12 mpg in mostly highway driving even staying out of the boost....so I'm wondering if I'm overly-rich or something?

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

I have the same problem; From what I understand the cold enrichment needs to be increased via HP tuners or one of the other similar tuning software. The truck basically acts like a Chevelle from when I was a kid that didn't have a choke and ran like crap when cold. I'm already scheduled to go to my tuner on Tues to try and hammer it out, I'll give an update then.

I believe I do know all about trannies slipping....I thoroughly researched the vehicle prior to buying it and I already know it went through 2 trannies (1 stock, 1 due to install) before they got it right if that is what you are getting at. :wtf:

In any event, this one is built with very quality parts to ensure it can take serious horsepower and is warrantied to boot. :thumbs:

I spoke with my tuner friend today about the radix cold hesitation, and apparantly there are no parameters in HP Tuners to adjust the cold enrichment. I don't know much about the HPT program to know for sure, but he spoke with HP Tuners and Magnusson who both said these adjustments are set by GM at the factory level which is why many people with a Radix complain about it. The cold bog is made worse by the s/c, but because it goes away within a couple minutes there are no plans by HPT to invest the time to reverse engineer the software to create an adjustment.

If any tuner guys out there know anything to the contrary, please chime in. Zippy? PCM4less? TByrne? A&A?

I believe I do know all about trannies slipping....I thoroughly researched the vehicle prior to buying it and I already know it went through 2 trannies (1 stock, 1 due to install) before they got it right if that is what you are getting at.  :wtf:

In any event, this one is built with very quality parts to ensure it can take serious horsepower and is warrantied to boot.  :thumbs:

im willing to bet i could break your trans without ever exceeding the speed limit :crackup:

i wasnt knocking you man.... you must not keep up all too much on here... ive had the trans out of my truck quit a few times to say the least

Well, I feel much better knowing the cold bog is a common problem and doesn't seem to hurt anything. It seemed like it was getting worse, but that must be my imagination at work. I guess I'll let the truck idle a bit before first driving it if I can. Thanks for the input guys! :thumbs: