HO LO tables

Krambo

Well, I tweeked my High Octane table to death and can't squeeze anymore out. I have originally just copied my HO to my LO table (I know, risky) but now have cut 5* across the board for the LO. Is that sound about right? What is everyone else doing for theirs?

Well, I tweeked my High Octane table to death and can't squeeze anymore out.  I have originally just copied my HO to my LO table (I know, risky) but now have cut 5* across the board for the LO.  Is that sound about right?  What is everyone else doing for theirs?

Rather than a straight number like that, I do a percentage decrease. Depending on what fuel the high octane table is set up for, I'll do 8-10% decrease for low load cells, 10-15% for higher load cells. Nets a 3-5* decrease.

• 2 weeks later...

I am set-up for only 93 or better.

I was thinking of getting some 87 octane and tune the spark tables to run on the brink of KR and then cut and paste THAT table as my LO table in my current file. I am curious to see if that is close to the 5* decrease I already have worked in from HO to LO.

Comments? :dunno:

Justin - what is your justification to do a scaling method like you stated? Benefits? Just curious. :cheers:

Justin - what is your justification to do a scaling method like you stated?  Benefits?  Just curious.  :cheers:

My justification is on the fact that octane has a different effect on knock at different load ratings on the motor. BTW, that method above is for FI motors only. Boosted, I reduce quite a bit more in the boost regions, just to be safe. I'd rather it be down on power if it failed over into the low octane table than have it run too hot.

Also, with your supercharger, I wouldn't do the 87 octane test...