Losing Power and 1/4 mile time??

Blue_SS

alright i have a 2003 ss with flowmasters, gibson shorty headers, e-fans, vloant cold air intake with ram air, ngk plugs with jba plug wires, zippy computer, gms mass air flow sensor!!

ok i had predator programmer, flows, old volant cold air wit ram air, gms mass air flow, gibson shortys, stock plugs with jba wires and i got it running a 14.4 fasteest 1/4 time and i wanted more so i install e-fans and new volant blox with ram air and zippy computer and now my truck is lucky to hit a 14.7 and i dont know wtf is goin on!! i am getting aggravated because i was fixin to order heads and cam but i want at least to run what i used to also went from 9.2 1/4 to 9.6!! what do i need to do????? i still have stock alternator with 1500 watt system and e-fans is this the problem???

That is rather strange. What was the difference in weather of when you ran the 14.4 to the 14.7? What was the difference in trap speed of the runs, 60' time, etc. There may be an issue in the programming, but more info is needed. I ask about the weather because it is rather important. For example detjoe couldn't break into the 14's for nothing during our event, but the next track outing for him netted a 14.7 for him. Weather can be a half second or more by itself.

My truck will run 14.4 in cool weather and 14.7 during the summer (now) for just a couple of tenths thats usually the biggest factor. I have yet to hit a 14.4 since I installed my headers but it has been 90* + since i did it. Yea it's kinda :banghead: but it's par for the course. I did find a way around it, it comes in a blue bottle :jester:

• 1 month later...

Sup fellas? I have a 2003 red ss. I love my truck it is bone stock. I am not looking to put a charger on yet but wan't one. My question is when putting exhaust on if i put longtubes on with corsa mufflers will that be pipes from the headers to the cat then more pipe out to dual mufflers? and is that about the best combo? i see alot of that question but really no direct answer and is the x pipe a good thing also? would that be headers,x pipe cat pipe mufflers? Also can i get a setup that uses the holes on the bottom of the fron't bumper for ram air? if so who makes it what's it cost? & can i just add bolt on pullies to the motor to pull some more pwr?what is the best combo to add for most power without a charger?

Sup fellas? I have a 2003 red ss. I love my truck it is bone stock. I am not looking to put a charger on yet but wan't one. My question is when putting exhaust on if i put longtubes on with corsa mufflers will that be pipes from the headers to the cat then more pipe out to dual mufflers? and is that about the best combo? i see alot of that question but really no direct answer and is the x pipe a good thing also? would that be headers,x pipe cat pipe mufflers? Also can i get a setup that uses the holes on the bottom of the fron't bumper for ram air? if so who makes it what's it cost? & can i just add bolt on pullies to the motor to pull some more pwr?what is the best combo to add for most power without a charger?

better to use the SEARCH button or start a new topic if you cant find your answers after searching cause you basically just jacked this thread with something that has nothing to do with it.

But welcome to the site

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

better to use the SEARCH button or start a new topic if you cant find your answers after searching cause you basically just jacked this thread with something that has nothing to do with it.

But welcome to the site

Just a thought, but try it with-out the volant. When I bought my truck brand new, I had a volant system from my old truck, and I lost low end TQ. I couldn't believe it!! But it was hot as hell out. So I switched back to the stock and it went back to normal. I've read some threads where you can sometimes lose power with the volants, don't ask why, but they just do. Some trucks are funny like that I guess. Now the weather is cooler, I put it back on, and its fine, has good power, except with the a/c on, its a dog.