Complete brake failure?

Sparky

My brakes went out in the first week. The master cylinder was bypassing. That was 2,000 miles ago and they still feel spongy. I was wondering do all SS Silverados have mushy feeling brakes or do I need to take mine back to the dealer? Also seat heaters come on sporadically. That's fun on a 95 degree day! :fume:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, there is a lot of brake pedal travel before you start stopping. Are you by chance hitting the controls accidently for the seat warmers? I've never had that problem, but some on here have and removed the fuse because they won't need where they are living. My fingers are not that fat.

If it is doing it on it's own, I'd definately take it back. I think they will tell you the brakes are normal though.

Are you by chance hitting the controls accidently for the seat warmers? I've never had that problem, but some on here have and removed the fuse because they won't need where they are living. My fingers are not that fat.

:lol: thats just funny

I've had an intermittent problem with my passenger seat heat coming on all by itself. This only seems to happen when my wife has been riding shotgun and she has insisted she didn’t touch the control buttons. My side has come on a couple of times but I can always recall fumbling around that general area with the windows and such.

Until now, I chalked it up to “Y” chromosomes. Might there be something to it? Has anyone gone to a dealer to see if anything has come out of GM?

Nope. Not hitting any buttons accidentally. Intermittent problem. The mushy brakes bother me. I also get a weird vibration above 55 kind of like driving on an old washboard. Definitely not wheel vibration. Somewhere in the drive train. That's what warranties are for I guess. It's just a pain in the butt to have to deal with dealer idiots. :rolleyes:

Nope. Not hitting any buttons accidentally. Intermittent problem. The mushy brakes bother me. I also get a weird vibration above 55 kind of like driving on an old washboard. Definitely not wheel vibration. Somewhere in the drive train. That's what warranties are for I guess. It's just a pain in the butt to have to deal with dealer idiots. :rolleyes:

If you get them to check it out, and they find something, let us know what it is.

Archived