Complete brake failure?

Sparky

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man....which one of you is frick? The other has to be frack

i was thinking the same thing. one of those guys posts and it is ALWAYS followed by the other one. siamese twins connected at the internet. :wtf:

Or...other places that we won't mention. :D:P

I also get a weird vibration above 55 kind of like driving on an old washboard. Definitely not wheel vibration. Somewhere in the drive train.

What it sounds like you are describing is pretty typical of an unloaded pickup truck. You get a sort of "washboard bounce" on certain stretches of freeway where the frequency of the dips in the road is just right it sends the bed into an up-and-down oscillation.

• 2 weeks later...
On the seat warmer issue. I have on several occasions hit the button by accident trying to let the window down. My girlfriend has done it too. The first time it happened i thought i had a problem but after a couple time si figured it out....... And it only took a couple of times 

Yeah the butt warmer sure is nice on these brisk 65dg Arizona mornings here… :D

]

What it sounds like you are describing is pretty typical of an unloaded pickup truck. You get a sort of "washboard bounce" on certain stretches of freeway where the frequency of the dips in the road is just right it sends the bed into an up-and-down oscillation.

:D I had a worse bounce with my stock wheels than I do with my 22's :wtf:

• 2 weeks later...

The bounce is due to the heavier duty 4wd suspension, coupled with the 20" Goodyear tires. Most of of us in here have lowered our trucks even more and I bet a majority of us will say the Bouncy feeling is a little better. And for those who have changed wheels to larger ones with smaller sidewall tires or just smaller tires, it has helped with the bounce effect. Yours maybe worse, but these Goodyear tires were used because they don't ride stiff, they ride spundgy which when used with our suspensions create the bounce effect......If anyone is looking for better tires try Toyo Prozies S/T's.

• 2 weeks later...

:sigh: Hey Sparky, take it easy with us dealership guys. Beleive me most us do

try to do a good job and fix your trucks. A lot of the issues these trucks have come from the factory and are difficult to repair at the dealership. Sometimes we

have to wait til enough people complain about thing the GM will engineer a fix for

some problems. The spongy brake feel is something I feel on a lot of these trucks

and is something I did not feel on my '92 1500 Sport, I used to drive before.

• 3 weeks later...

If ya dont like dealing with the dealership idiots.....dont. We dont mind when you dont come in, it gives us more time to sit around on the internet laughing at you yahoos self-diagnosing your problems and trying to look like you know what you're talking about. So, thanks again for the comic relief.

Oh, and feel free to take care of those problems yourself, more $$$ for us when we get to fix the other stuff you F&%$ up trying to "fix" ur truck....... :jester:

Tx Guy - sorry you take everything so personally. Really. I'm all broken up over your problem. But don't worry, I've bought 5 new chevs from these clowns in the last 2 years. They WILL fix whatever needs fixing. :D

BTW - I've got the coolest running engine ever. The gauge never goes above 125 degrees. Maybe I'm bumping that accidentally too! :thumbs:

If ya dont like dealing with the dealership idiots.....dont.  We dont mind when you dont come in, it gives us more time to sit around on the internet laughing at you yahoos self-diagnosing your problems and trying to look like you know what you're talking about.  So, thanks again for the comic relief.

Oh, and feel free to take care of those problems yourself, more $$$ for us when we get to fix the other stuff you F&%$ up trying to "fix" ur truck....... :jester:

This attitude coupled with responses like the following interaction:

My complaint: 'Customer states that there is a grindingnoise (sic) when turning into a parking stall coming from the steering area'

Tech response: 'Truck has all wheel drive on tight manuvers will feel tire scrub wich (sic) is normal'

Um, no $hit the truck has all wheel drive... This interaction came after describing in detail the issues with the front diff noise that I have read about here and want to be documented.

Thanks Van Chevrolet for completely turning me off from ever coming back to your pathetic excuse of a dealership. I freakin purchased a 40k truck and get a 3rd grade response on my trouble ticket? NICE. :rolleyes:

Archived