Bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a name like mopar guy your gonna stick up for those Chryslers im no kiddie and Ill say Im not drivin 1. Im :chevy: all the way. Id push a chevy before i would drive a mopar. Thats just my opion I would have to buy a ford even before i would buy a dodge. But i also say what makes the owner happy is what they should do :yellow_loser::jester:

traitor!!! imo i think i would rather have the jeep too, but its a chrysler product so i could never do that!

congrats on the new whip!!

It has been a long time since I've driven a mopar product, I was skeptical too. But I do like to try each brand out. I didn't have a good experience with my 96 ram 1500, but I loved my 1970 Charger a lot.

Congrats on the new ride but I'm interested in buying your TBSS. Send me a PM on how much you're asking for. :thumbs:

I'm north of the border in Canada, I think there are excise taxes and certain regulations to change a Canadian Trailblazer SS into California one. I think it would end up costing more than buying it in California. I paid $51,000 CAN for it, which was 7 grand off and that comes to $45,900 US with the current exchange. We are getting screwed here :mad: I've also thought about it and I am considering selling my Audi S8 and the 97 tahoe to make room for the TBSS. I just like the way it looks.

The mark of the devil...the dodge pentagram...Oh well I guess that's why they make more than one kind of car. I told my wife she can get whatever kind of car she wants that is within our means, as long as it's a GM. I wouldn't be able to show my face at the cruise-in if I bought a dodge. A buddy of mine was having his 68 Dart painted and the door handles were off...we snuck in and put a toilet flush handle in the drivers' door hole. We thought it was a lot funnier than he did. I wish I would have taken a picture.

Dave

I am GM fan boy, as is evident with my screen name, but I don't mind trying out the competition, that way I know I'm driving the best :thumbs:

Holy lord!!!

You go through vehicles like autoguy goes through wheels......

I am addicted to vehicles, and I wouldn't change it. :)

Congrats :cheers: Green w/ envy, I would have one if I had the $$$$

:thumbs:

can we get a good burnout pic/vid??? :driving:

~Brian :cheers:

It's got the same problem as my TBSS and my SSS .... awd.

Burnout pic? Isnt it AWD?

Yes it is, but good in the winter.

nice i love those, i wouldve tried getting it if it wasnt so pricey....really sweet though

Actually in Canada they come out close to the same as a fully loaded TBSS awd.

you lucky bastard :D I wish I had that kind of loot.

:)

Right on :thumbs: Those things look pretty sic, and the power ain't bad too haha. My buddy is thinkin about buyin one, get some pics up when you get it :cool:

They do look pretty good, I am certainly happy with it. I would recommend it so far.

It may be faster than the TBSS, but there is nothing that would convince me to buy a Chrysler product. I work on them all the time, when they are new they are ok but they do not age well. Make sure you bought an extended warranty- you'll need it.

I actually don't plan on keeping it past the factory warranty :lol:

ANY of the SRT vehicles are damned nice IMO.

You'll always get the kiddies who will give ya the "I would never buy" this brand or that brand, but it's the OWNER of any vehicle who decides what they like in the long run.

I've never ridden in an SRT8 Jeep, but the SRT8 Chrysler 300 I drove sure opened my eyes.

WOW!

Post pics when ya get them!

I knew you would be impressed :thumbs: Definately take a drive in th SRT8 jeep. It is faster to 60 put then aerodynamics take over and it breaks even with the charger SRT8 in the 1/4.

traitor IMFO :jester:

:lol:

Congratulations on the new Jeep. I don't blame you a bit, I would love to have one myself. My wife is a Jeep lover and it has rubbed off on me. :D

Your wife should opt for this one, I'm sure she'd be impressed. :thumbs:

ANY of the SRT vehicles are damned nice IMO.

You'll always get the kiddies who will give ya the "I would never buy" this brand or that brand, but it's the OWNER of any vehicle who decides what they like in the long run.

I've never ridden in an SRT8 Jeep, but the SRT8 Chrysler 300 I drove sure opened my eyes.

WOW!

Post pics when ya get them!

Well when you own a repair shop and the majority of your repair work (not maintaince) is on Chrysler vehicles, you would not be running out and buying one. Yes I see ALOT of Cheerokee's in my shop, mostly for electrical and A/C isssue and let me tell you how many Caravan's I get in on a monthly basis.

Like our Silv SS's don't have A/C issues??  :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new ride! :thumbs:  I considered one of those myself a while back.  Haven't seen many on the road yet.  How does it feel in comparison to the SS?

I'm not saying ours are troulbe free, but every 10 cars the come in for a major repair 6 or 7 are usually some type of Chrysler product.

Dont get me wrong they have some nice looking and fast vehicles but the dependability and reliability is the worst. You think the SS has tranny problems, they are nothing compared to Chysler. Other than that they are nice vehicles.

I'm not saying ours are troulbe free, but every 10 cars the come in for a major repair 6 or 7 are usually some type of Chrysler product.

Hahaha

Biased free opinions abound!

:lol:

My wife has a Caravan, it's 9 years old and has over 250,000k on it.

It's needed an upstream 02 sensor, a driver's side axle, and maintenance.

In YOUR world I woulda been able to talk her out of it, and get something more in my tastes, but she loves it, and it's been so trouble free it's hard to blame her.

:seeya:

Hay every now and then a (Blind Squriel will find a Nut) LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT LUCKY

But I DON'T consider it lucky!

I want her in something else, but she's in love with her minivan.

:tear:

It's a 3.3 and gets GREAT gas mileage too, which is another irritant.

I would rather see her in an SRT8 Magnum or something.

I've never seen an SRT8 Jeep up close.....

;)