need help choosing between these two tires

which tire would look the best on stock SS wheels and a 2-2 drop?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. which tire would look the best on stock SS wheels and a 2-2 drop?

• Toyo Proxes S/T - 285/50R20
    • NITTO NT404 295/50R-20

what do you guys think about a 285/40/20? i can get the Nitto 420s in that size, but the sidewall will be about 4.48inches compared to stock sidewall of 5.95inches. am i gonna be riding on rubber bands if i go that route?

alright, i broke down and ordered the Nitto 420s in a 265/50R-20.  what you guys think?  should look ok right?

Should look pretty good. They are a nice tire, I've driven many vehicles with them. They make nice black marks and smoke well also. :driving:

alright, i broke down and ordered the Nitto 420s in a 265/50R-20.  what you guys think?  should look ok right?

Should look pretty good. They are a nice tire, I've driven many vehicles with them. They make nice black marks and smoke well also. :driving:

well, next month you'll get to see them in person. probably get to drive on them as well. unless i'm too lazy to take the 22's off by then.

sad to say they are smaller then stock they are 30" tall

stock are around 31.5 tall

will effect the speedo some

and if you needed tires to beat around on should of just PMd brian. he has a few tires from the SSS actually 3 pirellis you would ojust had to buy one new one

and if you needed tires to beat around on should of just PMd brian. he has a few tires from the SSS actually 3 pirellis you would ojust had to buy one new one

why are you said to say they are smaller? thats what i was going for, something with a lower profile to compliment my 2-2 drop. i mean, besides the speedo being off a little, which i can correct myself anyway, what are the downfalls of having a 1.5" smaller tire? i can't think of any?

i would have pm'd JJ, but i wanted new tires and i wanted to get nice ones that will look decent on the stock wheels. I've been eying up these Nitto 420's for awhile now. hopefully they will be lighter also to help my ET's.

why are you said to say they are smaller? thats what i was going for, something with a lower profile to compliment my 2-2 drop. i mean, besides the speedo being off a little, which i can correct myself anyway, what are the downfalls of having a 1.5" smaller tire? i can't think of any?

i would have pm'd JJ, but i wanted new tires and i wanted to get nice ones that will look decent on the stock wheels. I've been eying up these Nitto 420's for awhile now. hopefully they will be lighter also to help my ET's.

o forgot about your drop, and i thought they were just for winter

well, my new Nitto tires should be in tomorrow. Special thanks to foxyss for providing me with pics of EXACTLY what they will look like on my truck, even with a 2-2 drop. this just goes to show how great this site is. with just a little searching and a little help from members here, i was able to find the exact tires on a lowered 2-2 truck just like mine to see what the tires would look like before purchasing. that is a beutiful thing. i love this place, thanks guys! :flag:

untitled1Large.jpg

untitled5Large.jpg

untitled4Large.jpg

untitled3Large.jpg

untitled2Large.jpg