Dane Cook

Pasadena SS

I was listening to ManCow's Morning Mad House the other day and he was totally bashing Dane Cook about how he steals funnier comics material. ManCow was laying on him pretty thick calling him a Tool and stuff. I thought it was pretty interesting since Dane is getting pretty popular. So I came home and did a few search and turn out it's no secret that Dane Cook stold materials. Infact I read a few blogs on how he was almost sued by a comedian by the name of Louis CK. Anyhow here's a link to Dane Cook's jokes side by side with Louis C.K.'s material from several years earlier. Link

and here's a link to one of the blog. Scamboogah!!!

But you be the judge.

Edited by Pasadena SS (see edit history)

Ya it's almost as bad as Ned Holness, which we all know as Carlos Mencia, who isn't even Mexican by the way...but damn Cook's jokes were almost verbatim to Louise Ck's. But that brings me to another relevant point, how many different jokes can be made about Mormons have 20 kids, Mexicans being lazy, Jewish people not tipping, there are thousands of comedians out there writing material on a few basic stereotypes of people, there are going to be some jokes that overlap and sound very similar. But there's no real gray area with Cook's jokes, those sound plagiarized to me...

Ya it's almost as bad as Ned Holness, which we all know as Carlos Mencia, who isn't even Mexican by the way...but damn Cook's jokes were almost verbatim to Louise Ck's. But that brings me to another relevant point, how many different jokes can be made about Mormons have 20 kids, Mexicans being lazy, Jewish people not tipping, there are thousands of comedians out there writing material on a few basic stereotypes of people, there are going to be some jokes that overlap and sound very similar. But there's no real gray area with Cook's jokes, those sound plagiarized to me...

:eek: WHAT?! CARLOS MENCIA ISN'T A BEANER?! :lol:

I personally think Dane is hilarious... but its only because we have the same sense of humor I guess. Plus, he is one of the nicest and most kick back guys I have ever met. He hasnt let fame get to his head, and doesnt act like hes all bad ass when he is off stage... just a regular guy. Even if he has used some material from other comics.... big deal. Almost every comic has used material from other sources, whether it be from another comic or a movie or whatever. Dane has come along way, and now that he is big time people scrutinize him and put him under the microscope a lot more now, and are wayyy too overcritical.

I personally think Dane is hilarious...  but its only because we have the same sense of humor I guess.  Plus, he is one of the nicest and most kick back guys I have ever met.  He hasnt let fame get to his head, and doesnt act like hes all bad ass when he is off stage... just a regular guy.  Even if he has used some material from other comics....  big deal.  Almost every comic has used material from other sources, whether it be from another comic or a movie or whatever.  Dane has come along way, and now that he is big time people scrutinize him and put him under the microscope a lot more now, and are wayyy too overcritical.

Ofcourse Dane Cook is funny. He's using materials from good comedians. :D

I just listened to that MP3 right now... seems the only stuff that sounds similar to Louis CK's is some of his worst material he uses. I bet if we put any comic under the microscope as much as Dane, we could find some material that can be compared to other comics stuff. You also have to remember, Dane has been using some of his material for almost 15-16 years... maybe Louis CK saw Dane at one of his shows in the past and is using HIS material?

:dunno:

I just listened to that MP3 right now...  seems the only stuff that sounds similar to Louis CK's is some of his worst material he uses.  I bet if we put any comic under the microscope as much as Dane, we could find some material that can be compared to other comics stuff.  You also have to remember, Dane has been using some of his material for almost 15-16 years...  maybe Louis CK saw Dane at one of his shows in the past and is using HIS material?

:dunno:

So you're saying Dane Cook stold bad material from Louis CK And his stand up would be better without the unnecessary plagiarism?

Louis CK stealing Dane's work...unlikely. Louis CK has been doing stand up for 22 years. Dane Cook was what? 10 years old then? Also I don't see blogs of people saying Louis CK is stealing materials from Dane and the last I check it was Louis that might be suing Dance Cook.

Obviously you're Dane Cook's fan and you're really buying in on his image. Which is cool. All I ask of him is to come original.

Plus: The guy who agrees with you still believes in 9/11 conspiracy :jester:

Edited by Pasadena SS (see edit history)

Oh no, please.. lets not start on 9/11 now... :smash:

All I do know is that Bush was elected (because of a miscount in FL)... 6 months later planes fly into the WTC... 1 month later bombing Afghans... 4 months (i dont remember how long, but soon thereafter) later bombing Iraq... and Gas prices go from $1.70 or so a gallon (maybe less) to over $3.50 a gallon since Bush stepped into office. Conspiracy in the middle east... NO WAYYYYY ... LOL :jester::jester:

ANYWAYS.. about Dane .... hahah :thumbs:

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

Oh no, please..  lets not start on 9/11 now...  :smash:

All I do know is that Bush was elected (because of a miscount in FL)... 6 months later planes fly into the WTC... 1 month later bombing Afghans...  4 months (i dont remember how long, but soon thereafter) later bombing Iraq... and Gas prices go from $1.70 or so a gallon (maybe less) to over $3.50 a gallon since Bush stepped into office.  Conspiracy in the middle east... NO WAYYYYY ... LOL  :jester:  :jester:

ANYWAYS.. about Dane .... hahah  :thumbs:

From what you wrote I'm starting to think you don't like George W. Bush. :jester: