Waiting for reg cab or more HP?

boycer

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ford has a 10-year lead on how to successfully produce a small volume product at a profit.

Actually, this is an incorrect statement.

Ford has been creating small volume product through SVT since 1984. Thats 18 years, although back then they were known as SVO, and their only product was a 2.3 Liter Turbo Mustang made in 84,85,85.5, and 86.

Just a little correction for you.

While I realize the SVO Mustang was also a niche product, it was not SVT (who I was referring to in my statement, even if I did not make that clear). SVT's first official products were the 1993 Ford Lightning, and 1993 Mustang Cobra. This is why all SVT literature refers to the 2003 model year as being SVT's 10th anniversary.

The SVO Mustang was a wonderful car for its time....... and I still wish I had a nice low mileage example of one (the handling, vs the V8 cars, was amazing). I guess you can consider the SVO Mustang as the percurser of the SVT products. They learned how to build a small volume niche product within the confines of a huge conglomerate. In that respect, it was very sucessful. Thus, I guess it was Fords beginnings with niche products.

While I realize the SVO Mustang was also a niche product, it was not SVT (who I was referring to in my statement, even if I did not make that clear). SVT's first official products were the 1993 Ford Lightning, and 1993 Mustang Cobra. This is why all SVT literature refers to the 2003 model year as being SVT's 10th anniversary.

The SVO Mustang was a wonderful car for its time....... and I still wish I had a nice low mileage example of one (the handling, vs the V8 cars, was amazing). I guess you can consider the SVO Mustang as the percurser of the SVT products. They learned how to build a small volume niche product within the confines of a huge conglomerate. In that respect, it was very sucessful. Thus, I guess it was Fords beginnings with niche products.

:D Of the 10 head enginers that worked on the Mustang SVO, 8 of them were the original members of the SVT team. They are one in the same, the name was simply changed based on the fact that the car produced by the SVO team was in fact called the SVO. SVT's first products were the lighting and cobra, which is why the aniversary is when it is. But it is the same people and SVT did in fact spawn from SVO. :D

It is good to know if I come out here with wrong info there are plenty of people who love to correct mistakes that other members type. Is there a spell check on this forum too? :lol:

Think about it this way. If we didnt correct mistakes or oversights..........how many people on this board would be sitting and waiting for the regular cab Silverado SS, from page 18 of Hot Rod to come out this year?!?

When it comes to corrections, you have to take the ones you need and the ones you dont give a shit about, you get all or nothing. Sorry. :eek:

It is good to know if I come out here with wrong info there are plenty of people who love to correct mistakes that other members type. Is there a spell check on this forum too?  :lol:

Think about it this way. If we didnt correct mistakes or oversights..........how many people on this board would be sitting and waiting for the regular cab Silverado SS, from page 18 of Hot Rod to come out this year?!?

When it comes to corrections, you have to take the ones you need and the ones you dont give a shit about, you get all or nothing. Sorry. :eek:

True dat, did you hear about the Dually SS coming out next year? That oughta be a doozie huh? :lol:

Merv, can you get any info about the reg cab ss.

Seems like so many people are waiting?

Does the reg cab ss get the greenlight for production?

When or what month should we all be able to order one,if it actually gets the greenlight for production?

Please check with your sources?

If it is released as an 04' , please try to find out how soon we can order an expect to recieve it at our local

delearship. Guess you and CHEVY can tell that the money is burning our pockets to buy the reg cab ss soon. Hope you get some good info. Thanks

I'm a big GM supporter. Owned Vettes, Trans Ams and all my work trucks are Chevy's. But no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig to dress it up, it's still a pig. The Silveradog SS is a pig. Better wait if the short bed, regular cab comes out. Doubt it will have the 5 link, 6 speed and the 395 HP. Still waiting since last year for the SSR. I have to buy a Z-06 to run my buddys L he's clicking off 12.06 @ 113 all day long on drags. Mid 12's on streets. Pathetic I need a Corvette Z-06 to run against a pick-up. GM is smoking crack!!!

Archived