End of Ram SRT 10...

prtofcali

If you think about it, the SRT-10 is basically a truck in its own market now. Another draw back is the advertised MPG is like 9/15 on the Reg. Cab, and 8/12 on the Quad Cab, so you know most guys that have them are probably getting 7 to 8 mpg, which is basically terrible. That V10 is so grossly inefficient, and at 50k +, I can’t see a lot of people getting in line to get something like this with current fuel prices, even though it is still a pretty badass truck. What crazy is a 408 in a SSS can make 600hp, and still get almost twice the MPG, at least that’s what I am shooting for.  :crazy:  :jester:

:withstupid:

My dads srt-10 averaged about 8mpg during the time he had it. :crazy:

The SRT10 was expensive and not good on gas, two things that are hard to overlook, but I would still love one if I could ...?

:dunno:

Sport trucks are dying one by one... the Lightning is gone, now the SRT10...  :sigh:

I agree. I've always been more of a Chevy guy, but it almost makes me want to go out and buy a Ram SRT10. It's definitely the strongest factory stock effort anyone has ever made at a performance truck.

I don't have the bux, and I personally like AWD, but then again I would like the six speed manual tranny as a tradeoff. There's a low mileage 2005 RC on a local lot for like 29 beans... :sigh:

Edited by SSLink (see edit history)