Black 2005 SS w/ Radix for Sale

red00lght

I think an educated guess could be at least 13.0 or better in the quarter. Most trucks of this caliber have run in the mid to high 12's. there four five on the fastest list with similar mods in the 12's.

Seriously, if there was a way for me to swing the second payment, I would. I would only because I am putting so many miles on my 03 ss. It only has 30k on it now, but it 15k 7 months ago when i bought it. And you are right, I have a radix sitting in the garage waiting to go on...but it would be so fun to own twins.

The truck was dyno-tuned after installing the pulley (see the dyno chart above).

I would guess high 12's, low 13's at the track though I've never taken it. It launches extremely hard for that first 30mph with no wheelspin. Even harder than my modded Lightning (sit and spin) and CL600 Benz (modded V-12 twin turbo) did. However, once the speed comes up, the sheer size/weight of the vehicle start to take its toll. Stoplight to stoplight, I would feel confident against most everything that rolls up except ZO6's, Vipers, motorcycles, etc...

But, don't get the wrong impression. This truck hasn't been to the track, and I baby it 99% of the time. I just like to have the power there if I need it. One thing aviation has taught me is that if you abuse the equipment, it tends to abuse you back. :thumbs:

The truck was dyno-tuned after installing the pulley (see the dyno chart above). 

I would guess high 12's, low 13's at the track though I've never taken it.  It launches extremely hard for that first 30mph with no wheelspin.  Even harder than my modded Lightning (sit and spin) and CL600 Benz (modded V-12 twin turbo) did.  However, once the speed comes up, the sheer size/weight of the vehicle start to take its toll.  Stoplight to stoplight, I would feel confident against most everything that rolls up except ZO6's, Vipers, motorcycles, etc... 

But, don't get the wrong impression.  This truck hasn't been to the track, and I baby it 99% of the time.  I just like to have the power there if I need it.  One thing aviation has taught me is that if you abuse the equipment, it tends to abuse you back.  :thumbs:

in addition to what you have done, what would be needed to make it run like 04chase's truck. i dont think he even has LT's. but he's running 12.0's with his current setup.

I really don't know what else there is really left to do to make it faster in its' current configuration other than adding NOS or something along that line.  It might run 12's...but never having been to the track I just don't know at this point.  :dunno:

hmm, i just dont understand why he would be able to run 12.0's. what kind of tune do you have? the only reason im asking this, is b/c i really like the truck, but right now mine will run high 12's as well...so i dont think it would be worth the hassle of selling mine, figuring out how to get yours to Texas..

If you want the truck to run like 04chase, you would take the radix off and put a vortech on. The radix is fine on this truck though and should be mid to high 12's. Holty ran a 12.56 with very similar mods, maybe different tuning. 04chase has a converter and long tube headers. He also has extensive modifications to his vortech supercharger, like smaller pulley and custom huge intercooler. Two different animals and two different types of superchargers. The radix is the best out of the box supercharger there is to bolt on and go. Others are more tempermental.

I want to point out for purposes of this truck that one couldn't even buy a used stock 03 SSS, put headers, supercharger, trans work,etc for even close to what this guy is asking for this truck. Its a steal for what he is asking. I wish I knew about this site before I bought mine, I would have bought a truck that was already done.

If you want the truck to run like 04chase, you would take the radix off and put a vortech on.  The radix is fine on this truck though and should be mid to high 12's.  Holty ran a 12.56 with very similar mods, maybe different tuning.  04chase has a converter and long tube headers.  He also has extensive modifications to his vortech supercharger, like smaller pulley and custom huge intercooler.  Two different animals and two different types of superchargers.  The radix is the best out of the box supercharger there is to bolt on and go.  Others are more tempermental.

I want to point out for purposes of this truck that one couldn't even buy a used stock  03 SSS, put headers, supercharger, trans work,etc for even close to what this guy is asking for this truck.  Its a steal for what he is asking.  I wish I knew about this site before I bought mine, I would have bought a truck that was already done.

I'm holding the sale for now.  One of the interested parties says he is committed to buying, sold his vehicle,  and has cash ready to go. 

If it goes through or falls through I'll be sure to post. 

Thanks for your interest,

Wes

Hello, I'm interested in your SS. Is it still for sale?