E55 AMG

04CHASE

coming home from the sand show today in o.c. i come up to an off ramp where you have to go a few lights to get to the other freeway . i see a long line to the right and one car to the left so i go to the left lane to pas all of the cars. little did i know that was the guys plan ahead of me also, it just happened to be an new 06 e55 amg it still ha ddealer plates on it. So we pass the cars and i stay on the right lane and he stays in the left and he knows its on becuase he is hauling ass and im on his ass. We get to the next light , its about 1/4 mile until the next light and the freewy entrance. right as i get to the light it turns and im on it all the way and proceed to pull about a truck on him ( this is with my a/c on too) to about 60-70mph. i was laughing the whole way. We got on the freeway and he still wanted to play but there was way to much traffic so i just got in the carpool and cruised. i have learned my lesson not to race in traffic. but i thought i did well vs a 90k mercedes with 470 hp .

Chase you should have told me that you were going to be at the Sand Sports Super Show, I literally live like 2 miles away from the fairgrounds. A buddy and me went Saturday and the rails there are unbelieveable. The engines they put on these things are insane too, for something that is basically a huge roll cage and some sheet metal.

Oh and good kill on the E55 AMG

it was a quick decison thing my buddy was an exhibitor and gave u spasses so i drove and got in , he was the one with the sand dragster(blown big block) with two paddels on each side , it was pretty cool , did you see the twin turbo 572?

Nice one on the E55, they are damn fast. Poor quality though. I'm hoping the new 63amg (55amg replacement) is more reliable. It has gotten my attention, naturally aspirated 6.3L 32 valve v8 507 bhp and 465 ft/lbs. My dad's looking to trade his cls55 for one, but is very weary since he has had bad experiences with benz over the past few years.

Nice one on the E55, they are damn fast.  Poor quality though.  I'm hoping the new 63amg (55amg replacement) is more reliable.  It has gotten my attention, naturally aspirated 6.3L 32 valve v8 507 bhp and 465 ft/lbs.  My dad's looking to trade his cls55 for one, but is very weary since he has had bad experiences with benz over the past few years.
:withstupid: My sister has a S500 and I was kinda disappointed in the details and finish work, call me a hard-ass but cheap plastic in too many places for a "fine automobile". Example, the skirting all around the bottom of the seats is very delicate and breaks easily.

Great kill Chase :thumbs::thumbs: I don't think there are many other vehicles on the street that can get to the other side of the intersection before you.

Mr. P. :)

Nice one on the E55, they are damn fast.  Poor quality though.  I'm hoping the new 63amg (55amg replacement) is more reliable.  It has gotten my attention, naturally aspirated 6.3L 32 valve v8 507 bhp and 465 ft/lbs.  My dad's looking to trade his cls55 for one, but is very weary since he has had bad experiences with benz over the past few years.

i seen one of those 63 amg's the other day and it was bad ass looking. i kinda thought it looked like a e55 didnt know it was the replacement. :dunno:

it was a quick decison thing my buddy was an exhibitor and gave u spasses so i drove and got in , he was the one with the sand dragster(blown big block) with two paddels on each side , it was pretty cool , did you see the twin turbo 572?

I dont remember the twin blown 572, I do remeber a few huge engines (ci wise). It was amazing to see so many twin blown LS2's, LS6's and so forth. It became diappointing when youd see a blown LS1 in some of the rails thinking they couldnt do better than a blown LS1...

My buddy knows the guy who owns ALS Performance so we were mainly hanging out at his booth and marveling at the work these guys put in on their rails...

i was privilaged enough to drive a 2003 S600 Mercedes a couple of years ago... it was hella fast. I think they are a V-12 twin turbo with around 500hp. I thought MB's were boats, until that bastard spooled up and put me in the back of the seat :eek: probably one of the quickest car i've ever driven :driving:

My sister has a S500 and I was kinda disappointed in the details and finish work, call me a hard-ass but cheap plastic in too many places for a "fine automobile".  Example, the skirting all around the bottom of the seats is very delicate and breaks easily.

Mr. P. :)

I would really recommend your sister get rid of the car before it gets out of warranty I made the dumb mistake of keeping my s600 when warranty expired and I have shelled out over 10 grand in repairs easily and it has like 80 000 km on it.

i seen one of those 63 amg's the other day and it was bad ass looking. i kinda thought it looked like a e55 didnt know it was the replacement. :dunno:

63 replaces 55 in 2007. 55s are phased out after this year. The supercharged 5.5L made pretty decent power but the new 63 is by far a better engine. In CL,SL and S there is still the top notch 65, but I have heard from an owner that it is not without its problems :shakehead:

I dont remember the twin blown 572, I do remeber a few huge engines (ci wise). It was amazing to see so many twin blown LS2's, LS6's and so forth. It became diappointing when youd see a blown LS1 in some of the rails thinking they couldnt do better than a blown LS1...

My buddy knows the guy who owns ALS Performance so we were mainly hanging out at his booth and marveling at the work these guys put in on their rails...

dude yall went to that? wicked sand toys is building one of my buddies sand cars and instead of using the car they built for the show they used my buddies cause it was better :P its bright orange with a sailboat on the dash and a ls2 engine in it. please tell me you seen it....?? :dunno: