Had fun at the track

Krambo

I finally got my HPTuners (sold my EFI Live) and went to the track for the Pick-up Truck Challenge at Island Dragway to test my new flash. I pulled 3* of spark across the board for a "safer" more consistant running truck. As I pull in I notice another black 03 that just ripped a 12.6! After I got all set-up, I went to check it out. The truck was WELL modded including: Radix (2.75"), GT2-3 cam package, CAI, TOGs, Meth injection, E-fans, 60# injectors, LS2-90MM TB conversion and a bunch more. The gentlman's name was Ed and he does come on this board from time to time...just quiet :P

Anyway, we had a pretty good time and were both the fastest street trucks in our class. We both made it to the Semi-finals where I red lighted trying to chase down a 17 second dodge :mad: I am not too sure what happened to Ed but he didn't make it to the finals either. Would have been cool to have 2 12 second SSS trucks battle it out for the trophy :thumbs:

The Paparazzi was there as well and caught both of us at the light :lol: My truck doesn't have the light out whereas Ed's has the light removed. There are a few shots.

Paparazzi photo's

I was pretty happy with my truck's performance on the conservative tune and the warm temperatures (low 80's). I left the Gaylords bed cover on (100#s) and all the crap in the cab must be at least 100#'s (you can even see the child's seat in the photo ;) )

No cool down time my truck went 12.501 @108.95 with a 1.689 short time. 1/8 mile was 7.913.

I dialed in a 12.55 for racing and did VERY well with consistancy. Qualified with a 12.56X, my first race was a 12.571 (W), second was a 12.601 (W) and third was a red light (L) :mad:

I didn't bring my laptop or I would have flashed my hot tune and see what she would have done. Dropping the bed cover, adding my 3* back, and playing in cooler temps should get me to my goal for the year. :smash:

JboySS we missed ya!

Good to hear. Was that guy Eddie Mack (or Mach)???

Yes it was (Eddie Mack). From Scranton PA. I believe he stated that you did some work for him as well at one point.

I tried to. For whatever reason I was able to get him a pcm that made alot more power than the one he had, but the f'ing thing wouldn't shift. After a few tries I couldn't get one to work right. I think the problem was with the pcm itself though. He sure has a bad ass truck.

I finally got my HPTuners (sold my EFI Live) and went to the track for the Pick-up Truck Challenge at Island Dragway to test my new flash.  I pulled 3* of spark across the board for a "safer" more consistant running truck.  As I pull in I notice another black 03 that just ripped a 12.6!  After I got all set-up, I went to check it out.  The truck was WELL modded including:  Radix (2.75"), GT2-3 cam package, CAI, TOGs, Meth injection, E-fans, 60# injectors, LS2-90MM TB conversion and a bunch more.  The gentlman's name was Ed and he does come on this board from time to time...just quiet  :P

Anyway, we had a pretty good time and were both the fastest street trucks in our class.  We both made it to the Semi-finals where I red lighted trying to chase down a 17 second dodge  :mad:  I am not too sure what happened to Ed but he didn't make it to the finals either.  Would have been cool to have 2 12 second SSS trucks battle it out for the trophy  :thumbs:

The Paparazzi was there as well and caught both of us at the light  :lol:  My truck doesn't have the light out whereas Ed's has the light removed.  There are a few shots.

Paparazzi photo's

I was pretty happy with my truck's performance on the conservative tune and the warm temperatures (low 80's).  I left the Gaylords bed cover on (100#s) and all the crap in the cab must be at least 100#'s (you can even see the child's seat in the photo  ;) )

No cool down time my truck went 12.501 @108.95 with a 1.689 short time.  1/8 mile was 7.913.

I dialed in a 12.55 for racing and did VERY well with consistancy.  Qualified with a 12.56X, my first race was a 12.571 (W), second was a 12.601 (W) and third was a red light (L)  :mad: 

I didn't bring my laptop or I would have flashed my hot tune and see what she would have done.  Dropping the bed cover, adding my 3* back, and playing in cooler temps should get me to my goal for the year.  :smash:

JboySS we missed ya!

That is awesome Krambo!

Well, I see you got it al dialed in for this saturday then.....

With the nice weather I would hope to see you there.

How much do the 16's or whatever help your time. You were running roughly the same time with stock 20's and those extra 3* back right????

Either way, truck looks good, hope to meet you this weekend.

:thumbs:

I will do my best to be there! I am 99% sure I will be there. I flashed a "soft" tune for Saturday so I don't hurt something being 3+ hours away. I will bring the laptop though,...just in case ;)

I will bring the 16's and you can try them out as long as your rotors are the stock size. Here is my take on the 16's: They do not get me the better 60ft times. I get lower 60's with the stock tires on stock 20's. However, Top end is better by less than a tenth but the MPH is better by about 2MPH. I have some shorter, stickier, lighter 18's for November. Should pick up a thenth with them.

As for the times posted,...It was what I expected and then some. I honestly thought it would be doing 12.6-12.7. Once the cold weather gets here, I will drop an aggressive tune in there and head to Englishtown without the bed cover. I wanted to tip into the 11's this spring but the weather didn't work with me :sigh: It was close though....

...Looking forward to the meet in NY! :thumbs:

What was the "Jonny Lightning" Ford running?  By the photo's you took he might of pulled the front wheels.

Jonny Lightning rolled back up on the trailer and didn't race. He must have broke something. He usually runs low 10's,...and yes he pulls the front tires :driving:

I will do my best to be there!  I am 99% sure I will be there.  I flashed a "soft" tune for Saturday so I don't hurt something being 3+ hours away.  I will bring the laptop though,...just in case  ;) 

I will bring the 16's and you can try them out as long as your rotors are the stock size.  Here is my take on the 16's:  They do not get me the better 60ft times.  I get lower 60's with the stock tires on stock 20's.  However, Top end is better by less than a tenth but the MPH is better by about 2MPH.  I have some shorter, stickier, lighter 18's for November.  Should pick up a thenth with them.

As for the times posted,...It was what I expected and then some.  I honestly thought it would be doing 12.6-12.7.  Once the cold weather gets here, I will drop an aggressive tune in there and head to Englishtown without the bed cover.  I wanted to tip into the 11's this spring but the weather didn't work with me  :sigh:  It was close though....

...Looking forward to the meet in NY!  :thumbs:

Thanks for the offer on trying the 16's but they will definately not fit with the spindles I have on right now, and I forgot to cut the bottom ball-joint bolt so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Pray for good weather :)

Archived