Truck is going in Thursday for trans upgrades!!

Trans shop will finally be adding my TBTC, zippy shift kit and new trans filter. Guy said he might have to call me to find out info about what I want to setup the shift kit for(racing,towing etc) I got the zippy shift kit so I didn't think anything had to be set up besides the size of the holes he needs to drill. Is that correct? I plan to purchase a couple jet skis next year so that should be the only towing I do. Is there anything else I need to tell him Zippy? I do want it to shift hard under WOT. The weak 2-3 shift needs to go. :devil:

you are gonna be sooo happy!

When I did mine we did not change the filter, he said they are good for a long time.

I will let Zippy chime in on set up, but I love mine. and it is pretty firm, I dont think it can get much firmer :dunno:

For towing I had Zippy put a different tune in the tow haul mode that makes it less harsh, it is great for driving the wife around, she actually can tell if I not in tow/haul :devil:

Also towing in third can help keep the temps down-but your milage goes down too.

have the servos done at this time!!

and come back and tell us all about the drive home. Wait till you get a tune for the shift kit, then....I'll let you come back and share :cool::driving:

Zippy already sent me the tune for the shift kit, servos and TBTC. I'll tune the truck before I take it in Thursday. I guess I'll be ordering a bigger trans cooler after this gets done. Then maybe I can get that cam in and see how she runs. :devil: I guess efans will be my last performance mod till next year when I start thinking more about a SC :driving:

I have heard e fans are a pain and unless you need the room you might put that $$ toward the SC :D

I'm starting to think I might just sale the cam and put that money toward a SC also. I've already got $400 saved for the cam install. :devil:

Dropped the truck off tonight. I should get it back tomorow. My kit does have the drill bits. The bigger the drill bit the harder the shift. does that sound right? Cam isntall is on the back burner....time to start saving for a Radix SC :devil:

There is more than one bit because not all holes get drilled to the same size.

Oh I see. Can't wait to see how she drives with the shift kit/servos and TBTC :devil: I finally loaded your tune last night and it ran great. Idle was much better and the 2-3 shift was crazy at WOT. I guess your next tune for me will be after I add efans and bigger trans cooler....then maybe in 5 or 6 months I can have you tune it for a radix SC :devil:

:driving:

and how does she go now :dunno:

I got the truck back Thursday night after work. It shifts pretty hard but I haven't got to test out the brake stall of the TBTC. I'll probably test it out tonight when I get home. The truck got a little sideways on me Friday as I was leaving work. The roads were a little wet and it shifted into 2nd so hard the tires broke loose. I was pretty surprised becasue I barley got on the gas. I'm pretty happy so far. I ordered a tru-cool trans cooler off eBay last night so that will be my next upgrade. MisterP and Chase both use this cooler and most voted for it when I did my poll. Plus it comes with the bypass valve and I need that in my area. It gets pretty cold in KY in the winter. I haven't seen any high trans temps yet. Temp got a little above 150 the other day but nothing major. What's the highest trans temp you saw after the TBTC and befoer the bigger trans cooler?

I can calm it down some if you need me to in your programming.

No. I love it. :D I brake stalled it tonight and it started to pull around 2K. I then flash stalled it to around 2500 and it took off great. Shit went flying everywhere so I'll know next time :devil: . Is it normal for the TBTC to only brake stall to around 2K or so? My truck just got a lot better IMO :driving:

Just had my Zippy kit put in the new tranny.  Just wondering how much is a reasonable price on having the kit put in. NO TBTC just the kit, servos, acc pist, bla bla.  How much??????????

Wiz

do a search on cost, many have asked the same question. it varies and the shop should know their stuff

Archived