Cam install help in ohio area

popeye55

I would guess Cleveland is 100-150 miles from Van Wert...I made it to Cleveland in about 3 hours from downtown Cincinnati if I remember right. I don't know if I speak for Ben or not but the more the merrier. My Chevelle club does similar things ...club work days to help members get a big project, ie engine install, done quickly. You can't beat good Car-ma

Dave

I have a radix kit that needs to be installed and I'm willing to help, pay, etc.  Zippy is providing the tunes.

Where are you located? I have had my Radix on and off so many times it's easy now. Hey Ben...looks like you might be opening a SS repair/upgrade shop. How much work you think we can get done in a day?? I'm pretty ambitious though.

Dave

man that like rocked...i am reading it again and again.    on  my gt2-3 how many of you replaced the timing chain??? i have 22,000 miles. Lingenfelder said it would be fine.  also are there any benefits to changing over to titanimum"how ever you spell that" ??? 

hey thunder if you wanna come up come on up and do yours, my shop is big enough for two truck. bowtie is bringing his hptuners with and it has a license for all 03' SS... mine is the pro so we can do speed density maps and it should be here this week. if no luck let me know and i may come down and help you!!!  Share the love SS'ers!!!! :cheers:

It looks like your about 5 or so hours away from me. I can't make it anytime soon. I plan on saving up for the radix so I thought I would put the cam on hold till then. The cam was used is a FI engine before I puchased it(under 2,000 miles on the cam) so I'm not sure it would help my NA engine much right now. When my little girl(2 months old) starts day care, I'll be able to travel & do more. I don't have the skills to do the install right now. I'm not a mechanical person but I'm learning. I've installed my CAI, 160 stat and dynatech headers so far. Got lots to learn. Thanks for the invite :thumbs:

hey look....ALL are invited, i can get two truck inside w/ no problem. i have enough tools to do all those installs, i did my own radix, and now soon to be a cam. i have hp tuners pro, with a wide band so we can do some tuning, i'll need some help from dave though i am new to tuning, but i can get the model year license. i looking at not this but next weekend, i am waiting on comp to get teh cam done so thats my hold up. but all is welcome we can do alot in a day i am sure, and i have plenty of room to crash if you wanna stay somewhere or there are hotels about 10 miles. bring who ya want and what ya want, like Dave said the more the merrier! :cheers: give a call if ya need to 419-203-4443.

sp who all is interested?? Dave they are still looking at the middle of next week so i guess we are still on hold, no cam no install!! what do i need to keep the valves in, do you use top dead center or should i get a leakdown tested and compress the cylinders?? most i have talked with says it's not to hard to do the rear valve springs on the SS. i will get both tools on the loan a tool from autozone anyway. let me know what else you'll need, and be reading up in how to tune wide speed density, and wideband. i am working on it but wow there is alot of info out there! :driving:

sp who all is interested??  Dave they are still looking at the middle of next week so i guess we are still on hold, no cam no install!!  what do i need to keep the valves in, do you use top dead center or should i get a leakdown tested and compress the cylinders?? most i have talked with says it's not to hard to do the rear valve springs on the SS. i will get both tools on the loan a tool from autozone anyway. let me know what else you'll need, and be reading up in how to tune wide speed density, and wideband. i am working on it but wow there is alot of info out there! :driving:

I have always used air to hold the valves up. Another way I have used successfully is to put about 3 or 4 feet of rope into the cylinder and rotate the piston up to push the rope against the valves. I have a tune or 2 we could start with. I'm not 100% sure on the diameter, I'm guessing 3/16 metal rod we'll need 5-6 feet (2 pieces one for each side) to hold the lifters up. I'm still ready to do it just give me a few days notice. Later

Dave