Fried clutch pack at 7000 miles with radix sc

Just thought I'd let anyone else thats thinking about getting the Radix setup for their truck about my current situation. I bought my truck from the dealership with the sc already on it. I asked repeatedly if it the warranty would be intact since they put it on. I was told yes over and over. I even purchased the 10 year/100,000 extended warranty. Well, long story short, at 7000 miles in 11 months I killed the clutch pack. I'm now told neither the regular or extended warranty will cover the tranny because of the sc. In addition the warranty that you get from Magnuson does not cover me either. In the real fine print it says "Does not cover all wheel drive vehicles or transfer cases." So if you are thinking about getting this setup for your awd ss think twice. My truck is bone stock, not a daily drive and it only lasted 7k mi.

...  In the real fine print it says "Does not cover all wheel drive vehicles or transfer cases." 
:eek: I had no idea, I thought the Magnussun warranty covered everything as long as you were using there tune and it was dealer installed. That a bunch of :icon_bs:

Mr. P.

Having a dealer fix anything drivetrain related once they see that blower is a very grey area. Technically, according to the Magnusson-Moss warrantee act, they cannot deny warrantee coverage/repair due to the blower (you can read all about it on the Magnusson website). However, the reality is highly dependant on the dealership that you go to. I have heard a few different ways it can play out:

1 - Customer pays full repair price, tough shit.

2 - Dealer will only charge the customer any additional labor time incured to R&R the added equipment.

3 - Dealership service dept is hungry and will take whatever warrantee work comes through the door. Unless a GM rep is sent out to ok a major repair like a new engine or transmission, no problem.

I did not know that Magnusson does not warrantee the powertrain on an AWD vehicle, that sucks.

I would try another dealer. They have all right to deny the claim. Anything over the stock power level can be considered excessive power to the stock powertrain. They have no right to tell you initially that they won't cover it though. They legally are required to pull it apart and prove that it was excessive power that killed it. On the other hand if it's a pretty obvious thing, they can tell you that if they pull it apart and it appears to have failed from excessive power, they can make you pay the bill.

I blow my fully built tranny and have a 408 with a big choppy cam and my dealer still warranted my tranny but I only got a stock tranny but hey it is better then a broke tranny

if you have to load your truck up on a car trailer and tow it some place to get it fixed, even if you have to take it to zippy :thumbs:

Edited by j4nash (see edit history)

sucks....do you have anything in writing that states that when you bought the truck they would cover you with the supercharger

The wa yit was explained to me was that because the truck was modified by the dealer that as long as I didn't modify anything else I would be covered. They also said that IF there was ever a problem I still had coverage by Charter/ Magnasons policy. They never showed me the warranty card. They just gave me a big manila envelop with all the instructions for all the add-ons.

...  In the real fine print it says "Does not cover all wheel drive vehicles or transfer cases." 
:eek: I had no idea, I thought the Magnussun warranty covered everything as long as you were using there tune and it was dealer installed. That a bunch of :icon_bs:

Mr. P.

If you look on the warranty card under the transmission section it states "ALL wheel; drive vehicles and transfer cases are non-covered items."

It also says any other mods such as headers, cam, or other bolt on performance parts void the warranty unless sold by Magna Charger or approved in writing.

It also excludes "vehicle transmissions exceeding maximum OEM rated torque outputs are excluded."

It also says " Vehicles with any modifications, or tire and whee; combinations unless recalibrated by Magnuson other than OEM are non-covered."

Edited by dkkustoms (see edit history)