Magnuson Radix Warranty info

Just thought I'd let anyone else thats thinking about getting the Radix setup for their truck about my current situation. I bought my truck from the dealership with the sc already on it. I asked repeatedly if it the warranty would be intact since they put it on. I was told yes over and over. I even purchased the 10 year/100,000 extended warranty. Well, long story short, at 7000 miles in 11 months I killed the clutch pack. I'm now told neither the regular or extended warranty will cover the tranny because of the sc. In addition the warranty that you get from Magnuson does not cover me either. In the real fine print it says "Does not cover all wheel drive vehicles or transfer cases." So if you are thinking about getting this setup for your awd ss think twice. My truck is bone stock, not a daily drive and it only lasted 7k mi.

I would talk to your sales rep the one who said it would cover your truck and chew him up. Maybe he can bend the rules it's been done.

Sales manager sold me the truck. He has been fired. I bought the truck 800 miles away from me. When I found out the 06 went to 2wd I found the last AWD ss in the country. So even if they would, which they won't warranty it, its would cost me an arm and a leg to get it there, but still cheaper than the reapair.

Edited by dkkustoms (see edit history)

That bites....they'll do anything for a sale. A friend of mine had a problem with the local Chevy dealer. He tried to work it out to no avail. He then contacted the Better Business Bureau and guess what? They called him back and took care of it. If I were you I'd do the same. I would buy a trans with a warranty they'll stand behind (FLT?) and rock on. We are asking an awful lot for a 5500lb truck with 500hp not to eat a trans or two.

Dave

I would push the dealer to stand behind it. Either it was abused before you got it, or the transmission is defective. I have over 50,000 miles on my 03 SS with the Radix. I recently had the filter changed, and asked my mechanic to pay close attention for any debris, and he said it was very clean, so my transmission seems to be holding up fine with the Radix. But I still have Torque Managment at the stock settings. I won't be changing that until the truck is paid off and I can afford a new upgraded transmission. :P

I would push the dealer to stand behind it.  Either it was abused before you got it, or the transmission is defective.  I have over 50,000 miles on my 03 SS with the Radix.  I recently had the filter changed, and asked my mechanic to pay close attention for any debris, and he said it was very clean, so my transmission seems to be holding up fine with the Radix.  But I still have Torque Managment at the stock settings.  I won't be changing that until the truck is paid off and I can afford a new upgraded transmission. :P

I bought it brand new. Less than 50 miles on it when I got it. I know I pushed it hard a few times but nit that bad.

Some more little hints as far as warranty goes.

If you look on the warranty card under the transmission section it states "ALL wheel; drive vehicles and transfer cases are non-covered items."

It also says any other mods such as headers, cam, or other bolt on performance parts void the warranty unless sold by Magna Charger or approved in writing.

It also excludes "vehicle transmissions exceeding maximum OEM rated torque outputs are excluded."

It also says " Vehicles with any modifications, or tire and whee; combinations unless recalibrated by Magnuson other than OEM are non-covered."