Beating my buddy with the SRT10

Outsource

As most of you know, I just got an 07 SSS. I havent done any mods yet, but I have plans. My buddy has an 04 SRT10. He constantly rides me about how I'm never gonna match up with him. It pisses me off. Currently he has, Magnaflow exhaust, electric fan, t-stat, and a custom tune. His fastest time at Moroso was a 13.8. ( he aslo ran a 13.0 and a 14.0 )

Without going way over the top, and without spending a fortune, what the quickest was to take it to him, other than cracking his head open with a baseball bat????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmmm.....your best bet is going straight for a supercharger. getting a shift kit and torque converter and some good tuning and you should be able to take him. to own him up....you need cash man only way to do it. i mean once you get up there you can spank him up pretty bad but if he has run a 13.00 thats pretty quick.

so supercharger and tnuing and shift kit and torque converter should make you go with mid maybe even low 13's

oh ok that clears it up....

well i think you can get thier N/A. however you can probably pick up a used supercharger for like 3-4000 soooooo it all depends. bolt ons add up and with a super and a good tune you should wreck him. but im not sure. im kinda out of it.

(off topic) i dunno if you saw on the news the 19 year old who got shot by her bro, i knew her she was a good friend of one of my buddies.

back on topic some of the 2wd guys are running mid 14's stock so to get a second decrease a torque converter, shift kit, GOOD tune, and maybe long tubes?

but i say go all out and full out embaress his ass

oh ok that clears it up....

well i think you can get thier N/A. however you can probably pick up a used supercharger for like 3-4000 soooooo it all depends. bolt ons add up and with a super and a good tune you should wreck him. but im not sure. im kinda out of it.

(off topic) i dunno if you saw on the news the 19 year old who got shot by her bro, i knew her she was a good friend of one of my buddies.

back on topic some of the 2wd guys are running mid 14's stock so to get a second decrease a torque converter, shift kit, GOOD tune, and maybe long tubes?

but i say go all out and full out embaress his ass

Where, here in MIA?

J - who would you recommend here locally to work on my truck?

It's kind of important to know how and what you use your truck for.

Zippy - my truck is a daily driver. I also tow an 18ft flats boat whenever I'm fortunate enough to make it out. Figure the boat and trailer weigh about 3500 lbs.

I have not towed with the new truck yet as it was recommended by Mr. P to wait until I had between 500 - 750 miles and had gone through a complete fluid change including the diff. fluid.

I was hoping you would chime in...........whatcha got?

where are you changing your dif fluids at? dealer?

Yes, the dealer. Why do you ask? Should I prepare myself for something?

Supercharger would be your first choice in getting the truck fast enough to beat him. Do you want to beat him N/A or are you looking to just do it quick and easy?

I just want to shut him up. Probably hard to do N/A. I figure there are other mods that would have to go in line with the SC. Remember, I'm starting from scratch. In the very near future, I will install some exhaust, maybe some headers, CAI, and a tune.

Then I guess the next step would be the SC, shift kit, and servos.

Then somewhere in between those 2 points I'll drop it a little, get new rims and tire, and some sway bars.

Sounds easy but reality is probably around $10-$12k.

Archived