Beating my buddy with the SRT10

Outsource

well right now a tune will cost a few hundred bucks so will a CAI and headers esp long tubes w/installation. those are all very beneficial to the S/C but you can put that in the pot to getting closer to beat your buddy. just a thought.

no i was just wondering about the fluids

or you can do nitrous. cheap and easy just use it responsibly

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
150 wet shot... that and a good tranny will get you down there really quick... fairly inexpensive too :D

Agreed. For a grand you can do the NX kit, tr6 plugs, and programming. I walked the ish out of one the other day :driving: . Good times. Just make sure you get traction, 150 extra hp tends to lite the tires up.

My recomendation, start off with the basics.

HP Tuners

Cat back exhaust

Cold air intake

next step

Torque converter

Shift kit

Thermostat

E-fans

next step

Camshaft

Valve springs

next step

Headers

next step

Cylinder heads

next step

more money...

My recomendation, start off with the basics.

HP Tuners

Cat back exhaust

Cold air intake

next step

Torque converter

Shift kit

Thermostat

E-fans

next step

Camshaft

Valve springs

next step

Headers

next step

Cylinder heads

next step

more money...

Why HP Tuners? Why not a Zippy tune, or are those for trucks with more mods?

How about PCM for less or Nelson's?

If you buy tuning software you can still get a Zippy tune, PCM For Less tune, Nelson tune, etc. The difference is that you can load it into your truck yourself as well as send the tuner back any info they may need on how it's running with the new tuning. The best part is that every time you add mods (especially the bigger mods) there is no sending in your pcm or waiting for one. You simply go to your computer and download an update that you have them send you and load it onto your truck.

If you buy tuning software you can still get a Zippy tune, PCM For Less tune, Nelson tune, etc. The difference is that you can load it into your truck yourself as well as send the tuner back any info they may need on how it's running with the new tuning. The best part is that every time you add mods (especially the bigger mods) there is no sending in your pcm or waiting for one. You simply go to your computer and download an update that you have them send you and load it onto your truck.

OK, so the HP Tuners is software? Then I order a tune and upload it my self?

How difficult is it to use? I'm just starting to catch this modding disease.

Just came back from Moroso with my buddy in his SRT10. I didn't take my truck cause I'm still babying it a little. 600 miles now.

My buddy put on some cheater slicks and ran a 13.25. His best run yet. The place was packed, so he was only able to get that one run in.

A little dissappointing that there wasn't a single SSS out there. Saw some sick cars. Holy shit! There was a new mustang with a Pro-Charger set up. This thing was sick. The whistle of that thing was so loud, even at idle or low rpm's that you couldn't even hear the exhaust. Guy had it dyno'd earlier today at 766hp. He ran a 10.3. It was crazy!

I'll post some video of the SRT10 run soon.

If you want to beat one, just look at my mods below and do it.  Radix, intake, exhaust, and a decent tune.  I can pull past one with no problems, and I even beat my buddies new C6 by 3 cars up to 100 the other night.

I'm still undecided on the Radix. I'm gonna start with some of the other basics and then go from there. From what I understand, the installation of the SC will demand many tranny upgrades.

I'm still undecided on the Radix.  I'm gonna start with some of the other basics and then go from there.  From what I understand, the installation of the SC will demand many tranny upgrades.

You're going to have to do that whatever upgrade path you decide to take.

Archived