new pics with drop kit

I understand completely what you said about keeping a little rake in your previous post, but I like it more leveled.  Maybe the 2/4 is the way to go.  I'm hoping to meet some of the So. Fla SSS guys so I can see what they have.  I makes a big difference when you can actually SEE what you're looking for.

Thanks again for the tips.

Look at Jonmalibuss's sig, he's done the best lowering job I've seen to achieve that zero-rake look. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand completely what you said about keeping a little rake in your previous post, but I like it more leveled.  Maybe the 2/4 is the way to go.  I'm hoping to meet some of the So. Fla SSS guys so I can see what they have.  I makes a big difference when you can actually SEE what you're looking for.

Thanks again for the tips.

Look at Jonmalibuss's sig, he's done the best lowering job I've seen to achieve that zero-rake look. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Thanks Mr. P!

I have read many different things as far as rake goes in stock form. Meaning I have heard some say they have 1.5", 2" ect... I only had about 1" of rake stock, but it's easy for these measurements to vary so much since they are adjustable. I know a guy who is like 60 years old who drives an SSS and I know he hasn't done anything to it and he bought it new and it looks like it has 2.5"+ of rake :eek:

What i'm getting at is you really need to go off the rear get it where you want it and adjust the front accordingly. I dropped the rear of mine 4" then dropped the front 4" and it was nearly undrivable with tall tires, so I adjusted the front up 1/2" to eliminate some of the rake. I tried it at 3" up front and it actually looked lower in the rear than the front but it wasn't. Now this is an entire different subject and something most people probably don't know.... The body line in the "center" (lower half) of the truck actually runs down hill when the truck sits level as well as the top of the bed rails. We found this out at work when we were mocking up stock parts to make molds for the carbon body on our road race truck. We got into huge arguements over this and the reason is because it makes the truck look as if it has less rake than it really does since that sloping body line kind of levels out the apperance.

part numbers are:

BEL-2508 -  2 inch drop spindles for the front  -  $222.39 for the pair

BEL-6400 -  2 inch drop shackles for the rear  -  $47.95 for the pair

ordered everything through summitt and it came in 2 days.

That's it ?!?!?!?! :eek::eek: I figured it would be a little bit more cost?

BTW ... how long total did it take you to put in ????

part numbers are:

BEL-2508 -  2 inch drop spindles for the front  -  $222.39 for the pair

BEL-6400 -  2 inch drop shackles for the rear  -  $47.95 for the pair

ordered everything through summitt and it came in 2 days.

That's it ?!?!?!?! :eek::eek: I figured it would be a little bit more cost?

BTW ... how long total did it take you to put in ????

[/quote

took me about an hour and a half to do both spindles and maybe another hour to do the rear. i took my time and this could be done faster im sure.

...Now this is an entire different subject and something most people probably don't know.... The body line in the "center" (lower half) of the truck actually runs down hill when the truck sits level as well as the top of the bed rails. We found this out at work when we were mocking up stock parts to make molds for the carbon body on our road race truck. We got into huge arguements over this and the reason is because it makes the truck look as if it has less rake than it really does since that sloping body line kind of levels out the apperance.

You're welcome - I never noticed the belt line before, but looking at your truck I see exactly what you mean; the thing that was most obvious to me was the roofline.

One other thing that makes your truck is the lifted front bumper; I've been eyeballing mine every time I wash it now...

Mr. P.

took me about an hour and a half to do both spindles and maybe another hour to do the rear.  i took my time and this could be done faster im sure.

:withstupid: It took me longer to do mine the first time, but I'm sure that if I did it again I could have it done in a whole day. A first-timer should be able to do it all in a weekend, assuming proper tools on hand.

Mr. P.

Hi there, I am new here but have exactly the same SS. I just ordered the same lowering kit and was wondering if you did an alignment after installing?

i did not. everything stayed the same. pretty sure if you just do drop spindles and stay away from keys or adjusting torsion bars you shouldnt have too.

Good to know, thanks. I hope to get it installed over the weekend! I sure like the look.

Ron

one thing i forgot is cut the first part of the bumpstop off. i didnt realize mine was hitting it until a couple of days later when the suspension settled.