Oil pressure is 121psi???

Bowtie70SS

On the way to work this morning I looked down at the oil gauge and it is sitting a hair past 80. I quickly scrolled thru my intercepter gauge to find out that I have 120-121 psi of oil pressure. Does anyone know what the limit of the sending unit is...what I mean is the total scale 0-120 or what? I'm thinking that the sending unit is bad (best case scenario) and hoping it isn' the oil pump or a spun cam bearing. Man can't my damn truck just behave, I have been nice to it since I put it back together. When I got to work I shut it down and started it up, bam 120. I'll try and see if a wire is pinched or something, after all I did just put an engine and trans in it. Later

Dave

I walked back out to the parking lot after I posted this...I have 121psi of oil pressure with the key on...I hope it was the sending unit that took a dump. I used the one that came with the new engine cause I broke the old one when pulling the old engine. I called the place I got the engine and they said they would give me a new one. I just pray it's not the cluster

Dave

Yeah it's not the engine - make sure your sending unit lead has not grounded itself out somewhere in the engine compartment, if you have a VOM check for a dead short from the lead to ground. If there is no short in the sending unit wire then replace the sending unit.

Mr. P.

I unhooked the sending unit tonight...gauge reads zero. I hooked up another unit that I had laying around (top is busted) and grounded it gauge still read zero. Must be a bad one in the engine. With the Radix it should be a real treat to change.

I just have one question...Why am I the one who all of this s^it happens to? I guess you guys can thank me for stress testing the truck and finding the weaknesses. Later

Dave