Headers or Cam

CaliChevyV8

Right on, well I'm gonna get in on this group purchase going on them. I had a guy from Dynatech e-mail me the install instructions, they don't look TOO tough. But the stuff with the cross member looks like the main hard part, and you gotta cut the floor pan heat shield...What about torque specs on putting all the stuff back together? They only give the 18 ft lb for the header bolts.

UPDATE: They'r on the way! Jet-Hot coated too, a total of $1519.98 :eek: Thats for the headers, pipe & cats, Jet-Hot and shipping. Not bad considering they are usually around $1400.00 for just the system!

Edited by CaliChevyV8 (see edit history)

Right on, well I'm gonna get in on this group purchase going on them. I had a guy from Dynatech e-mail me the install instructions, they don't look TOO tough. But the stuff with the cross member looks like the main hard part, and you gotta cut the floor pan heat shield...What about torque specs on putting all the stuff back together? They only give the 18 ft lb for the header bolts.

UPDATE: They'r on the way! Jet-Hot coated too, a total of $1519.98 :eek:  Thats for the headers, pipe & cats, Jet-Hot and shipping. Not bad considering they are usually around $1400.00 for just the system!

I went with the specs from my GM book. I think it's produced by Hayes or somebody like that(got it off eBay). The crossmember part isn't too bad. I tried to go around having to drop it but it was a pain so I ended up removing it. It can be done without lowering the crossmember. If you drop the crossmember support the trans. I think you only have to cut 1 bolt on the heat sheild so it isn't too bad. Air tools would be best if you've got them. I didn't and it was a pain to remove the collector bolts. Another PITA is the o2 sensors. I recommend removing 2 before you remove the stock headers. The other 2 I would just unhook them from their harness and remove them after you remove the stock headers. It's so much easier that way. I got that tip from other post on headers. I think it's easy to remove the driver side 02 sensors and unhook the passenger side. My book also said to use medium thread lock on the header bolts and so far it has worked great. No leaks or anything(I let my truck sit for a day so the thread lock would hold) Hope this helps :thumbs:

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)