McCrappy helper bags

bagged7104ss

Its a bad design, I never but the truck on a lift. This is the third one that broke :confused: .

first of all this is your second time this has happened to you not your third. i have your original pictures from the first time when you bent the bracket your truck was on a two post lift you can see it in the picture. i will go back and get those pictures to show you are lying. you put the truck back on a lift again an did the same thing. why would you put your truck on a 2 post lift again, when you have already had it happen before. maybe its your ignorance or your willingness to get on these forums just to bad mouth people. the air bag always forces the brkt down on the leaf spring. if the brkt bends and breaks that means your letting your sduspensiob hang when you or somebody is jacking it up. next time do not get on these chat forums and not give the complete story. also ask your installer if we did not tell him to use a 2 post list. to date you are the only person to have a problem like this.

so we have a spy in our midst.... :ughdance::P

Its a bad design, I never but the truck on a lift. This is the third one that broke :confused: .

first of all this is your second time this has happened to you not your third. i have your original pictures from the first time when you bent the bracket your truck was on a two post lift you can see it in the picture. i will go back and get those pictures to show you are lying. you put the truck back on a lift again an did the same thing. why would you put your truck on a 2 post lift again, when you have already had it happen before. maybe its your ignorance or your willingness to get on these forums just to bad mouth people. the air bag always forces the brkt down on the leaf spring. if the brkt bends and breaks that means your letting your sduspensiob hang when you or somebody is jacking it up. next time do not get on these chat forums and not give the complete story. also ask your installer if we did not tell him to use a 2 post list. to date you are the only person to have a problem like this.

so we have a spy in our midst.... :ughdance::P

It kinda looks that way they better STFU and stop calling people at work and threatening to sue them because that is harassment. I am sorry if they are offended because they do and have had some faulty products (get over it) most all companies do it's a fact of life. None of these accusations are slanderous because there are plenty of pics to prove different.

Sorry this is the third time it has broke. The first time it broke I welded up the broken piece, and put it all back together. Then it broke again a few months later, but not on my weld, 1" behind it. So I put the new bracket that you guys originally sent me. Now this is the THIRD time on the side that has not been replaced. The truck is never on a lift since the first time and it was broken before it was on the lift. That's why the truck was on the lift :yellow_loser: . I could understand if I made the mistake and had the truck on a lift again, but it has not been on a lift since.  I do not tow much, and always have 10-15lbs of air in the bags. I heard a loud clank again, looked under the truck, saw it was broken, look at the original pics I sent you, the pics I took the truck was sitting in the driveway with the wheel on.

I am going to see if I have the old braket to show you were it broke the secound time behind my weld.

I am not hear to flame your company, I just think you guys could handle it a little better. Oh, you may also want to put in your directions not to use a lift with your kit.

everybody just needs to :chillpill: on this one. I like mcgaughy's products but could definately say that some of them definately leave some engineering to be desired. I have had to modify some things from them to get them to perform properly without other problems. Others worked flawlessly without any new designing. But the comment about not lifting a vehicle with air bags.............. This is a no brainer. Dont do it with the system aired. why do you think any car with air lift needs the system shut down before it goes up. For the Mcgaughys bags I always put my truck up on a lift that lets the wheels hang but i do always remove the valve core so that the system can equalize. Lastly, its bad buisness for a company rep to act like this so in effect, that puts a horrible taste in my mouth. no sides here just had to let that out. :rant:

For the Mcgaughys bags I always put my truck up on a lift that lets the wheels hang but i do always remove the valve core so that the system can equalize. Lastly, its bad buisness for a company rep to act like this so in effect, that puts a horrible taste in my mouth. no sides here just had to let that out. :rant:

I have a 71 chevy short bed on bags I know about realising pressure in the bags. There was no air in them at the time, valve stem out. It broke while I was driving on the freeway one time, not on a lift. The other times just while I was driving not sure when. The bracket is a Mccrappy design, I think it could of been done better :pop: . This is just my experience with there kit.

For the Mcgaughys bags I always put my truck up on a lift that lets the wheels hang but i do always remove the valve core so that the system can equalize. Lastly, its bad buisness for a company rep to act like this so in effect, that puts a horrible taste in my mouth. no sides here just had to let that out. :rant:

I have a 71 chevy short bed on bags I know about realising pressure in the bags. There was no air in them at the time, valve stem out. It broke while I was driving on the freeway one time, not on a lift. The other times just while I was driving not sure when. The bracket is a Mccrappy design, I think it could of been done better :pop: . This is just my experience with there kit.

Change the design youself. I've done several changes to their kit. I especially wouldn't buy another 45 piece from them based on the comments they made earlier. That is no way to do buisness IMHO. the bracket is something that could be fabricated using an old leaf spring(or helpers) made for constant pressure changes. then you wouldn't have the breakage concern. I havn't experienced the problem you had but I can definately see the poor engineering in the parts.

PS my comments were more for Mcgaughy's.

Hey Guy's, quit with the pop. I'd rather see the guy have a kick ass airbag setup that won't break and works 100% all the time. Obviously MCGOOPHY won't help out so come up with more ideas. I threw one out someone else has to have a new or better idea. maybe relocate the bag right over the axel tube. I'm pushing for ideas. I'll try to post another idea tommorow. I'm gonna talk with some of the guys at my shop. :thumbs:

When I worked at Devious customs if a customer wanted a set of these installed we would take the bracket and bead blast it to bare metal then make a template of the bracket as far as the basic shape then make it slightly wider on all sides and then transfer this template to a 1/4" steel plate and cut it out. Once both pieces were clean we would weld the two together along the dege of the piece you just made which hangs out from the underside of the McGoofys bracket. You may just want to do some 1" long welds and skip and inch then make another because if you were to weld the entire thing you would warp it very badly. Be sure to get weld or start welding right where the bracket will break so it can't work harden or even bend there. Then transfer punch the center of the holes and drill through the new piece welded on. We never had a problemonce we did this. the bracket may not fit the spring perfectly as far as the arch but it will be very close and wont break. The hole where the bag is will need to be large enough in the new piece to get the bolt and socket through.

I welded the cracked one. Its working fine for now. I towed my boat 100 miles round trip with no break yet. Its just a matter of time. Mcgoofy will not sell me any of there products, so no more brackets from them :cry: lol :yellow_loser::D . I think it is a great idea to fab something up with a leaf spring. I am going to figure out something soon. Thanks for the ideas :P .

BTW do you guys know why the front of my truck squeaks. You can hear it really good when you drive down an alley, its very embarrassing. I don't have my torsion bars turned, just the spindles up front :confused: .

I welded the cracked one. Its working fine for now. I towed my boat 100 miles round trip with no break yet. Its just a matter of time. Mcgoofy will not sell me any of there products, so no more brackets from them :cry: lol :yellow_loser::D  . I think it is a great idea to fab something up with a leaf spring. I am going to figure out something soon.  Thanks for the ideas :P .

BTW do you guys know why the front of my truck squeaks. You can hear it really good when you drive down an alley, its very embarrassing. I don't have my torsion bars turned, just the spindles up front :confused: .

mine does that from time to time....pretty embaressing especially when you hang with the EURO crowd from time to time then you get that...*its a american POS its supposed to squeak*...thats when you just back up a WOT with the CORSA :P