what to do over winter

Quik

what would you do  

13 members have voted

1. 1. what would you do

• cammed 408
    • boosted 408
    • boosted 6.0

right now im thinking of changing my plans for the truck up for winter. my original plan was to toss in my 408 with a nice size cam and shoot for 11s all motor then put my 6.0 in my mustang and shoot for 10s. but now im thinking of putting hte 408 in the stang and shoot for who knows what and demodding the 6.0 some and then setting it up for boost. i htought of boosting the 408 but tht would require a large turbo but the 6.0 could get away with a smaller turbo and still be strong. 11s are the goal so im sure with boost i could get there. that would also allow me to run a smaller stall, [2800 instead of 3800] a less radical cam and more driviablity.

so what would you do????

you already have the 408 in your truck. i would leave that in and put the 6.0 in the mustang. :thumbs:

no the 408 is in the garage, the 6.0 is in the truck. 408 is awaiting final payments and then im waiting on the L76 intake to get here. we already have 2 but they are going on ebay

What year Mustang? I have been thinking the same thing. I have a 91 LX with a 347 that needs some love. I was considering taking the powerplant I have in my truck and retrofitting it for the Ford. Then a nice NA 408 for the truck.

What year Mustang?  I have been thinking the same thing.  I have a 91 LX with a 347 that needs some love.  I was considering taking the powerplant I have in my truck and retrofitting it for the Ford.  Then a nice NA 408 for the truck.

88 LX hatch, tubular K member, Arms, cage, anti rol bar and bunch of other crap. figured wouldnt be that hard to drop in get a standalone harness for the ECU and im set[like we did for the pinks car] also to get the kinda of power im making out of a ford would cost so much more then its worth to do this swap