hypertech setting

saleen1

any help on shift point setting and rev limit setting would be helpful.new to this.thanks

What kind of vehicle do you own and year for starters. I have an 06 Intimidator that I set at 5800 rpms and didn't mess with shifting points at all from all the toying around I found that was the only setting to keep my truck from falling on its face after a shift BUT I am new to this to.

06 ss,and yes i know what you mean.dont feel much difference.dont know if its the setting or the hypertech.when i set to 93octane it knocked out of the hole.

one thing I am going to try and let me know if you have done this but I found some Hypertech file last night and it suggested cooling fan changes. I didnt change anything due to being stock but I guess they have some suggestions for stock as well FAN 1 on@209 F off@ 200 F...FAN 2 on@219 F off@210F I need to see if this makes a diff. Sorry I am not more in the know so I can help out more. It seems most in here avoid the HP tuners and just send for a PCM tune out right.

by hp tuners do you mean hypertech tuner or the hp tuners tuning software? if you go with the software that is the best you can do imo, you have the ability to scan and log your truck and you can also upload tunes through email. imo its the best easy way to tune your truck.

set shift points +3 down the line,vev limit 6200.and thans at 100% starting to feel some power.

Wow I didn't know you get set the rev. limiter up that high. I always thought what the factory had set was it. Shows all I know huh? BUt you increased the shift points acroos the board +3 and 6200 rpm and your now seeing results? Did you mess with the cooling fans yet?Let me know

thanks

its all in the setting and have not got there yet.still playing with it.went +4 +6 +6 on the shifting getting better.need to work on fan setting.im sure its not as good as a pcm tune.but i like being able to remove at will.for service.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a used Hypertech Power Programmer III (Part #30032) for "CHEAP" that a guy bought for his 2006 Suburban but quickly found out it wasn't the right model.....guess he couldn't return it to the ebayer who sold it to him?

Anyway, my manual doesn't mention programming the fans??? Can either of you guys tell me what manual you have? Mine says "PP4" in the upper right hand corner and is dated 6/10/05 in the lower left corner.

I hope to try programming this weekend if I get time....it's bow season here in Ohio and getting close to pre-rut so I'm spending a lot of time hanging from a tree and tweaking on the truck is low priority! (That is sure to generate some negative comments......no offense guys!).