base timing

leo67

The timing is based on a table with several conditions that influence it. RPM, g/cyl, IAT, KR, TM etc. will all be factors in you final outcome. Timing from one truck to another isn't an exact science for a cookie cutter tune but will get you very close.

I haven't seen a stock timing table in a LONG time so I can't comment if that is normal or not :dunno:

krambo,, thanks for the reply,, I think my post was vague,, forgot to mention that 24-28 degrees is at idle rpm wich is usually around 675-700 or it doesn't matter,, got this info from auto-tap and also i do get alot of kr from partial to WOT

You're gonna get some KR when you transition from converter lock to part or WOT in anticipation of you stabbing the throttle to the floor. The important thing is that you don't hear any knock. I normally get 2-3 degrees when I transition, but it backs down quickly.

Dave

You're gonna get some KR when you transition from converter lock to part or WOT in anticipation of you stabbing the throttle to the floor. The important thing is that you don't hear any knock. I normally get 2-3 degrees when I transition, but it backs down quickly.

Dave

On average I get 3-5 degrees when stabbing it