Installed a PAC AAI-GM24 for iPod

I've had been looking for an adapter to hook up my iPod for the last couple weeks. I have the factory 6 disk head unit with Bose & XM and wanted to keep it all plus the iPod connection that I can control from the iPod and not have to be locked into scrolling 100+ song playlists on the head unit. Seems like everything I looked at I ran into a road block with either the 6 disk or the XM. Apparently recently PAC came out with a new version of the axillary input GM24 (ver 2.6.20) which works with the XM. There is no wiring to be done with this version, all you do is unplug the two ports from the back of the radio and plug in between the plugs for the GM24. I've been using it all weekend and it sounds great!!! The only thing I have noticed is there is interference in the background when you have the iPod connected and are using the XM or a regular station, so simply unplugging the iPod from the jack solves this. Cost me $95 and another $8 for the RCA to 3.5mm 3' long adapter. I'll let you know if I have any problems with this, but so far so good.

I've had been looking for an adapter to hook up my iPod for the last couple weeks.  I have the factory 6 disk head unit with Bose & XM and wanted to keep it all plus the iPod connection that I can control from the iPod and not have to be locked into scrolling 100+ song playlists on the head unit.  Seems like everything I looked at I ran into a road block with either the 6 disk or the XM.  Apparently recently PAC came out with a new version of the axillary input GM24 (ver 2.6.20) which works with the XM.  There is no wiring to be done with this version, all you do is unplug the two ports from the back of the radio and plug in between the plugs for the GM24.  I've been using it all weekend and it sounds great!!! The only thing I have noticed is there is interference in the background when you have the iPod connected and are using the XM or a regular station, so simply unplugging the iPod from the jack solves this.  Cost me $95 and another $8 for the RCA to 3.5mm 3' long adapter.  I'll let you know if I have any problems with this, but so far so good.

Does this allow control of the iPod from the steering wheel? Also, does it show the iPod info on the radio display?

Does this allow control of the iPod from the steering wheel? Also, does it show the iPod info on the radio display?

No control of the iPod or display on the head unit. I tried to find an adapter that would display on the head unit and allow me the option to control my iPod manually and could not find any that would work and let the XM stay. There is an adapter out there with some tricky wiring would provide control of the iPod and let the XM stay, but I wanted full control of the iPod more than the head unit display.

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

That is one of the big reasons why I went with an aftermarket HU. I didn't really want to change out the stock HU, but I couldn't find anything that would support everything I wanted. I wanted the XM, I wanted the steering wheel controls, I wanted the display on the HU and there wasn't anything that did all that.