Rearend posi question

Are you talking about a limited slip diff or a full on locker? If you want a limited slip or posi, Detroit Locker makes a unit called the Detroit Truetrac. It replaces the spider gears in your rear diff. I have one in my Blazer. It works great. If you want a full on locker they also make the Detroit Locker. This unit unlocks around turns (makes a little bit of clunking noise when it engages and disengages) and then locks when driving in a straight line, I had this in a Z71 and liked it as well. They also make and electric locker where you can just push a button and your all locked up.Go to DetroitLocker.com for info.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you talking about a limited slip diff or a full on locker? If you want a limited slip or posi, Detroit Locker makes a unit called the Detroit Truetrac. It replaces the spider gears in your rear diff. I have one in my Blazer. It works great. If you want a full on locker they also make the Detroit Locker. This unit unlocks around turns (makes a little bit of clunking noise when it engages and disengages) and then locks when driving in a straight line, I had this in a Z71 and liked it as well. They also make and electric locker where you can just push a button and your all locked up.Go to DetroitLocker.com for info.

I beleive limited slip is what I am after, I just want both tires to lock in a straight line. I appreciate the feedback you guys rock! Any suggestions on the gear ratio I should look for? I would like a little more umph on take off but I still need highway speeds at reasonable rpms.

Archived