Lowering my truck...

ItsJac

Well going to lower my truck this weekend and was wondering if anybdy that has AWD SS and used beltech spindles and rear Leafs if they ran into any problems... The only one I heard was dropping the tank, Which its not that bad. My main concern is Is there any modification that has to be done for the spindles & leaf combo to work? Any insight would be helpful... THANKS Jac

I did a how-to on spindles, and JonmalibuSS offered a couple more time-saving tips. I went over removing the take too in the rear suspension how-to as well, that would also be a good mental refresher.

Mr. P.

I did a how-to on spindles, and JonmalibuSS offered a couple more time-saving tips.  I went over removing the take too in the rear suspension how-to as well, that would also be a good mental refresher.

Mr. P.

yeah I'm reading that right now, But my main concern was that If I remember right someone said with the AWD SS that the spindles had to be groved for the front axel shafts to fit... Just could not find that post again... :dunno:

you shouldnt need to drop the tank if your not doing hangers, but for an awd truck i would think the leafs and shackles would be too low and for the front to even out wouldnt be good going that low up front.

I did the leaf and spindles, on my 03. There was nothing more than Mr. P and Jon had mentioned in the how-to post. Yes you have to drop the tank, to get the front bolt for the leaf pack. You can use air tools to get most of the bolts, so it's really not that hard. If you have any other questions you can pm me and I will try to help as best I can.

Update,

Got the truck lowered yesterday. Shes Looks :cool: . Wasent too bad just took some time but well worth it. front took about 3.5 hrs or so, Spindles Did not want to come off but with a sledge hammer anything will move...Rear was ok Only real problem was trying to take the lower shackles bolts out. We found out with a hidden hitch the shackles are a pitty to change, But finally got it done... Well Shes at the alignment shop today and well be home tonight. PIcs to come... :cheers:

JAc

im kinda confused for a AWD for the rear is it better to use leafs or hangers? :dunno:  im retarded

I don't think there is a right way or a wrong way, as long as you get the drive angles right.

hmm...i see, which one would you perfer which ones easier to install or cheapest lol.