Engine went boom!

W2W402

Well driving down the road last Thursday my engine blew a hole the size of a softball through the side of it.

I was pissed to say the least. I had it trailored to the nearest GM dealorship but knew they wouldn't touch it of cover the damage through warrenty considering I had a new cam and other work done to it. I knew I had to get it out of there as soon as possible so I took it down to Wheel to Wheel.

I am having them build one of there crate 402 longblocks...and after a visit today it turns out this might be somewhat of a good thing.

I talked to Todd, Kurt, and Billy (the engine building guy) they said the new engine would easily make 580 hp...and get this...it is going to be cheaper than buying a new stock engine, and adding FI to it...

Aren't you in Mich?

Zippy could have gotten that thing warrantied.

I have the same cam and Dart heads I cracked a ring land and GM covered everything..

With the heads and cam.

Should have given him a call IMO

You will not be disapointed with the W2W combo

but for the sake of being nice.... look up the name shopman1 there are his bowties....they are also sold on ebay i believe as well

ahh... drako, your so nice :thumbs:

bummer deal about the motor... 580 hp sounds good to me... i wish mine would blow up :jester:

but for the sake of being nice.... look up the name shopman1 there are his bowties....they are also sold on ebay i believe as well

ahh... drako, your so nice :thumbs:

bummer deal about the motor... 580 hp sounds good to me... i wish mine would blow up :jester:

:wub: thanks..............

um.....i mean....yeah....motor.....

:uhoh:

no but in all seriousness sorry about the motor, i think you got the same cam that zip put in frank at revlution right? do you have any clue how it happened?

congrats on getting a new motor as well! :thumbs:

EDIT:I just reread the post and didnt see the FI mentioned in the begining...

Im curious to see what parts they are giong to use to make that much power for so cheap....I mean a 402 can definately make that much power, but for less than a stock LQ9 is hard to believe. :dunno: Especially from W2W...Ive always considered them a top notch builder, but a little on the expensive side... :dunno:

I am having them build one of there crate 402 longblocks...and after a visit today it turns out this might be somewhat of a good thing. 

I talked to Todd, Kurt, and Billy (the engine building guy) they said the new engine would easily make 580 hp...and get this...it is going to be cheaper than buying a new stock engine, and adding FI to it...

cheaper :confused::confused:

I did not think W2W and cheap ever when together. But this is very interesting, Iron block???

Im curious to see what parts they are giong to use to make that much power for so cheap....I mean a 402 can definately make that much power, but for less than a stock LQ9 is hard to believe. :dunno:  Especially from W2W...Ive always considered them a top notch builder, but a little on the expensive side... :dunno:

:withstupid:

I am in MI so drop me a PM on some $$ details, cause it sound like you are going to have a sweet set up.

I don't think you guys read his post right. Cheaper than a new LQ9 and a blower. A new LQ9 and a blower together isn't very cheap. If it's done by W2W it will be top notch all the way for sure though.

As for the 6.0L, did it drop a valve or something? How did the dealer know it was even modified other than the exhaust???

Yeah I opened my mouth about the cam...I mean in the long run the dealership would have found it if my engine was toast so I just saved the time.

Yeah Zippy is correct. The engine combo is cheaper than a new LQ9 plus the price of a blower...

I asked Kurt about the install of the 80 trans but doubt I will. He said it was a nightmare to install and even harder to program.

What other mods should I do to the tranny? Suggestions guys?

My current mods are Trailblazer TQ and shift kit.