Man, what a RIP-OFF!

Rays B4U

Saturday and Sunday there was a small car show in town and each year the local GMC/Pontiac/Buick dealer donates a small block chevy motor to be given away to a 2 day car show participant. The motor was said to be a 330 hp small block chevy. This year my son put his 78 Chevy 4X4 in it just to get a shot at it. Well, when it was all done and over with, a dang RICER won the motor, what a rip-off!

I know what you mean. A bunch of us went to a show about 15 years ago, back when the mini truck scene was big. One of the catagories was best GM non Chevy. There was myself with a 70 GTO, a friend of mine with a 69 GTO, and a third friend with a flawless 78 T/A. The only other GM non Chevy there was a lower, graphiced out GMC S15. He won. :mad:

This is the reason a couple of my buddy's have stopped going to shows. The way it works is each person who enters the show gets "A" vote on, who they think has the nicest car. Lets say ten cars show up. Your ride in alone, and the other nine are a group, they all get one vote, you also get one vote... You guessed it their vote is not for you... Kind of rigged in a way but still legal to do. Personally I like to just go to the local hangout/strip to show off, the stares are worth way more than any trophy.

Archived