Killed a WRX STI...

punkt71

He mentioned a corrections ticket for exhaust and tinted windows and something else .. dont remember everything but he said he had to put it back to stock. Out here in CA we get corrections tickets for everything out here... I have even heard of people getting Fix-it tickets for having a Jack-in-the-box antenna ball!!

Well, not really :P

Cruising home with the wife from the familes house last night around 9pm or so.  I am on the 5 freeway around the Tustin area and a newer WRX STI pulls up next to me.  I blew past him for a second, and slowed down.. he got next to again (were at 80mph), and he gunned it.  I did the same.  By about 120mph he was about 6-10 feet behind my back bumper and I was ssllloowwwllly pulling, but I decided I was going wayyy to fast so I let off (for some reason i noticed only 2.5* of KR.. usually its higher).  So we both slow down, and he rolls down his window a little and gives me a thumbs up. 

This is where the story gets shitty.  2 minutes later BAM... blue and red lights.  Highway Patrol.  He gets next to me and says 'pull over at the next exit'.  he slowed down to the WRX (he was like 1/4 mile behind me at that point, thinking i am only getting busted I think) and he tells him the same I am assuming.  We exit the freeway, and pulls us both over.  Dude comes out and says "I am pulling you over for speeding, and racing".  I didnt say shit, gave him the registration, DL, and insurance and he gets the info from the other guy.

At this point I am thinking the truck is getting impounded and I am going to jail. 

While we are waiting the guy in the WRX tells me that I have a sick truck and that its fast as hell.  He had a good attitude, and seemed like a nice guy.  Didnt seemed to be bothered by the fact that we might be on our way to jail... lol. 

So the officer comes back and says "Sign here, its for driving 90mph in a 65.  I am not going to cite you for racing, becuase thats a misdemeanor and you would go to jail possibly and loose your truck and/or license".  He did the same for the other guy.  I thanked him, and I was very happy.  I told him to have a nice night, and he shook his head and walked away.  LOL.  I got LUCKY.

Moral of story:  I am done street racing.  This was my first ticket in 4 years...  and in 9 years of driving (and racing in various cars) first time getting pulled over for racing.. and first time getting pulled over on the freeway.

Ouch!!! That is going to be a costly ticket when

it's all said and done.

my friend owns an sti. and yeah they are pretty damn quick. my last car was a turbo charged rsx-s. (i was big into imports until i bought my sss) that car had 400whp and 275lbs of twist...in a 2800lb car!!! i miss it. just wasnt practical as a daily driver anymore. i've blown away sti's and evo's alike. but then again i had over $12k into that car...put that same money into an sti or evo and u are flyin!!!! lovin the AWD...

good kill bro! but you gotta be careful in cali. :thumbs:

Edited by jakerz (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...