stolen ss

LBZRCKS

I know how it feels to watch ur car drive off....I saw my 96 Impala ss..drive off from work...me and my buddy at work...got in his car and started chasing it...He drives a frecking blender(honda civic)...that shitty car is slow..by the time we hit 80mph in the freeway..my poor stolen car was probably already hitting 150...that car was my baby...and I still miss it... :cry::cry:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would actually be fairly easy... all you need is the VIN# and the dealership can cut a key... I dont think they run a check on the vehicle or anything... a guy could say that he locked his keys in his truck to the dealer, they cut a key and a few minutes later your truck is history... they should really be more cautious with that shit...

Sorry to hear about your truck... I hope they catch the douches and they rot in prison. :mad:

makes me want to hide my VIN...

Is it illegal to block the VIN number?

I dont know if it illegal, but dont block it in hopes of not getting your truck towed because you illegally parked, or your truck is sitting in a parking lot after hours. Here in Newport, CA a few places have restricted parking lots as far as what time you can and cant park there.

Well I heard and Urban Legend that if you block your VIN that they cant tow your truck because they have no "true" way of identifying your truck. Which would increase liability on the towing company and so forth. Well soon enough a while before I bought the SS, I had my 2002 1500 get towed even after I blocked the VIN...

Just food for thought :thumbs:

Unfortunately my 06 ss was stolen from outside my work this past Monday. I’ve been really bummed out, neither onstar or the cops have been able to find it. So far onstars customer service has been really shitty, I was promised a call every 3 hours with an update and so far I have only received a call to let me know that the extensive search for my vehicle will come to a stop after 48 hours. Saddest part was watching someone take off with my truck.

I'm sorry to hear man - rest assured "what goes around comes around" with that thief he'll get his. I hope you find it, my neighbors truck was stolen recently and it was recovered in the same condition so good luck to you, so where in Glendale do you work ?, I live and work in Sherman Oaks...

i work for allstate on colorado st

thanks guys for all the support, i really hope i find my truck but so far ive only heard bad stories that make me think i wont find it. Unfortunately the cops have had no luck, they basically told me dont worry u have insurance , you will be ok.

jazz

Unfortunately my 06 ss was stolen from outside my work this past Monday. I’ve been really bummed out, neither onstar or the cops have been able to find it. So far onstars customer service has been really shitty, I was promised a call every 3 hours with an update and so far I have only received a call to let me know that the extensive search for my vehicle will come to a stop after 48 hours. Saddest part was watching someone take off with my truck.

I'm sorry to hear man - rest assured "what goes around comes around" with that thief he'll get his. I hope you find it, my neighbors truck was stolen recently and it was recovered in the same condition so good luck to you, so where in Glendale do you work ?, I live and work in Sherman Oaks...

are you in good hands? :dunno:

on a side not to get a new key cut from the dealer you must provide vin, registration of vehicle and i think documents stating you own it.

:withstupid:

but that still will not stop a friend of a friend's sister going in to dealers parts dept. and having her give her b/f a b/j for a key........ :D

:seeya:

on a side not to get a new key cut from the dealer you must provide vin, registration of vehicle and i think documents stating you own it.

yeah and people are supposed to come to a complete stop at a stop sign, and signal when changing lanes...

What i'm saying is; that everyone cuts corners and having a key cut isn't all that hard.... "Ummm... all of my documentation is in the truck."

ya catch my drift...?

i

are you in good hands? :dunno:

better be in good hands! so far they have been good , they provided a rental and most of the paper work has been filed just waiting for the 3 week period they gave me in order to pay off the truck