Okie with an SS

jakerz

hi all!!

new to the ss scene and i have to say after trolling around for a few days i feel comfortable making an introduction.

my name is jake and i live in ada oklahoma.

bought my ss used with 70k miles on the clock. came with exhaust and spray in bedliner, and a tune of some sort? (not to familiar with the last one) thats about it. plan on doin some upgrades as money permits.

i talked to the original owner and he said that it never had the tranny flushed. besides that are there any other maintance requirements that should be addressed a.s.a.p?

timing belt maybe?

most of my other veheciles were hondas, that didnt require much maintance. i bought this truck and had a 40k mile warranty tacked on for whatever may happen. a lil blanket until i reach 110k...

anyhow, thanks to all that respond in advance. and i look forward to being an active member to this site!

Edited by jakerz (see edit history)

yeah timing belt would be the first thing to change...also check to see if the horn was replaced and they were a quart low of horn oil. Best to ask you dealership to check these out first :crackup:

just messing, welcome to the site man great truck!! you'll need some pic's though! btw the 6.0 has a chain drive cam....70k miles i am sure yours is fine!

^^^lol about the horn... i am mechanically inclined to an extent. alot of stuff i "attempt" to do myself. i'll def take a look at the belt. (my last car had a timing chain that had to be replaced every 250k miles...that was nice)

all in all, these seem like pretty well built pickups.

ok just got back from chevy dealership. (got too curious) they said that these pickups have a timing chain that does not need to be replaced until it breaks...

and that i should do the following:

flush tranny $120

fuel induction flush $120

fuel filter $51 (this one im sure i can do since its not in the fuel tank)

any other opinions/suggestions??

Edited by jakerz (see edit history)

What's Up Dude?

I live just up the road in Prague. I will be showing my SS at a car show here in Prague on Sat (10/14) at a charity show, you should come check it out!

Since you are close, I am looking to try and start an SS chapter or club soon.

Any interest just PM me.

NTMID8R

^^it didnt...i just assumed it would have one. i stated that in my 5th post.

Welcome to the forum Jakerz... Texas boy here sorry about saturdays game there is always next year.. :thumbs:

Nice to see another Okie, Ive seen quite a few SSS in western oklahoma. As for the texas game comment,brobradh77, i am with you, I dislike OU, redneck fans, and most alum.