SS vs bmw

26dub_SS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude...

i dont even know where to begin with you

for one you take HORRIBLE pictures and i think thats the most obvious thing.

second thing if your out to get laid then get the 7 i suppose. however i hope you have the greenbacks to buy the girl dinner, drinks, club etc. and on a further note. if you actually do get laid by the chick who jumps in your car and wants you...please get checked because if a person is so shallow as to judge and get with a person because of a material object then well...your screwed. i come from miami and its full of it here. focus on impoving yourself instead of the wheels, because if you want a good chick, she'll see through the ride way before you get happy.

on to the second aspect of this. the ride. Alright, well, its a 2003 correct? 3 years old, i think thats it for the warrenty. As for what I remember BMW has pretty good record Im not sure about the 7 series though, especially because I think that was the first year but Im not sure. Now when pieces do break or screw up etc. prepare to pay. everything from BMW is from GERMANY. let me give you a quick example, someone wanted to vandalize a friend of mines bimmer, so they broke the handle/tampered with it. he didnt have his car for three weeks. it sat in the shop until they got the part. and as far as they having reliability problems i know it isnt that bad(especially because its free service etc) but if its a lemon or starts having problems prepare to pay :smash:

but its a nice car....little slow for my tastes but it rides nice and is very plush. if your looking at a bimmer i would look at the new 335i. :cool:

dude...

i dont even know where to begin with you

for one you take HORRIBLE pictures and i think thats the most obvious thing.

second thing if your out to get laid then get the 7 i suppose. however i hope you have the greenbacks to buy the girl dinner, drinks, club etc. and on a further note. if you actually do get laid by the chick who jumps in your car and wants you...please get checked because if a person is so shallow as to judge and get with a person because of a material object then well...your screwed. i come from miami and its full of it here. focus on impoving yourself instead of the wheels, because if you want a good chick, she'll see through the ride way before you get happy.

on to the second aspect of this. the ride. Alright, well, its a 2003 correct? 3 years old, i think thats it for the warrenty. As for what I remember BMW has pretty good record Im not sure about the 7 series though, especially because I think that was the first year but Im not sure. Now when pieces do break or screw up etc. prepare to pay. everything from BMW is from GERMANY. let me give you a quick example, someone wanted to vandalize a friend of mines bimmer, so they broke the handle/tampered with it. he didnt have his car for three weeks. it sat in the shop until they got the part. and as far as they having reliability problems i know it isnt that bad(especially because its free service etc) but if its a lemon or starts having problems prepare to pay  :smash:

but its a nice car....little slow for my tastes but it rides nice and is very plush. if your looking at a bimmer i would look at the new 335i. :cool:

I am glad someone mentioned the idea of picking up a chick with a vehicle.

It's gonna get you know where. Your 21, you should know better.

I am glad someone mentioned the idea of picking up a chick with a vehicle.

It's gonna get you know where. Your 21, you should know better.

haha.... i've never hooked up with a chik as a result of what i drive... I've had nice vehicles since day one and not once has it gotten me in the sack... it may have helped. I mean... if i drove an 81 honda that was full of holes and rust... most chicks wouldnt look twice... but for example, if i was driving a RED truck with some good sounding pipes and big wheels... some girls would look twice.. :dunno:

just my .02 cents

I'm with Drako on this one. But my opinion is that remember that the warranty on the BMW will only last so long, it might have already ended, and them Germans ain't cheap. I own a 2005 525i and I can tell you, BMW is NOT cheap. Just my .02

And if the problem is getting laid, come down to Miami, there is plenty to go around here in this neck of the woods!

Edited by dannyc_2006_SS (see edit history)

BMW is extremely expensive when it comes out of warranty. I had over 10,000 worth of components changed on an m5 and sold it before warranty was gone, because I knew it would just be a money pit. As for reliability, I know for a fact that the 7 series has the worst record of all the beamers. The 02+ generation is better but not considerably. Yes a BMW will get more attention to the gold diggers, and has a plush interior and an element of class, but insurance for a 21 year old on a 7 series beamer will be pretty rough. I don't think you should buy a car based on what will get you tail, but see if it suits what you like. If you are after those material girls, I would look for a nice flashy sports car/convertible that is high price. Hence, M3 vert, porsche, mercedes sl etc.. Just a heads up too, the 7 series depreciates like a rock, at this point your SS may retain more value.

2002 is the first year for the E65 (new body). The only thing you have going for you with an 02 or 03 is BMW extended the wty to 100K. Good luck otherwise especially if your buying from a private party with no CPO cert. Also evey 7 series ive driven (lots) with aftermarket wheels drive like crap! If the electronics have been altered in any way (stereo) run! Good luck with the women, you will need it! :crackup:

Well 5 years ago when I was 16 I could get girls every weekend with my 66 Chevelle. It was really loud and somewhat fast. Me and my buddy would go out on Sat. night and it was rare to not get girls that wanted a "ride" ;) But I knew nither them or I was looking for anything serious. The trouble is you not only get attention from girls, but cops too. I was pulled over probably 10 times in the year I owned that car. Was only ticketed once but it was always a hassle. I would never buy a car to try to get girls though.