600 HP on a budget

gixxerrider

Like was stated above... 600hp on a budget ain't gonna be easy unless you find a sponsor or an amazing hookup on parts.

A good chunk needs to go towards beefin' up the tranny b/c 600hp ain't any good if the tranny dies... so dedicate anywhere from $2000-$3000 for that (if not more)

To get 600hp to the ground you're gonna need one of the big 3:

1) Forced Induction

2) Juice

3) Stroker

I really don't think its possible to squeeze that kind of power from the SS with just basic bolt ons... its gonna require you to spend some money and invest in bigger things.

I would like rear wheel. By budget I mean not all at once or buying parts the I will replace with future upgrades (Active Duty Navy)= Limited budget . I am 2 wheel. I think my truck is a corp 14 Bolt. I have figured on trany upgrades. after reading about all the one on here. I am not looking to beat everything on the street but i dont want to let the SS badges not mean anything.

OHHHHH you mean "fixed budget" :thumbs: I think that applies to most of us!

Hmmm 600rwhp is a lot, that's like 800 fwhp. The rear differential is certainly toast, expect to upgrade that. And the 4L60E won't cut it either, so you are going to need to get a built 4L80E at some point. The LQ9 bottom-end will have to be replaced with a forged rotating assembly and additionally I think you are going to require the extra travel of a stroked crank to make your performance goal. To this point I think TurbochargedBerserker has the most workable plan so far (408 + STS turbo); he's already kinda blazed that trail already. The STS approach also saves you over a grand in header/catback costs. The only other real options are front-mounted turbo(s), or a large ATI/Vortech, or twin Rotrex compressors; I just don't know anything else that can move that much air. Another option later might be the coming Magnussun blower...

Hmmmmm. I'm going to have to think about the rest though. I would do the rear-end first I know that, but after that ???

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

well im hoping for about 700 + horspower , im building a 408 with forged bottom end new heads, i have the nitrous kit coming in a few days and im going to use a bigger t trim vortech . i have spent alot, 3k for tranny, 5-6k for the new 408, 4k on the blower kit ,another 1k on the new blower ( and that was a steal) and about 2-3k on bolt ons, and another 1k on all the nitrous goodies. and i have got a pretty good deal on almost everything ive bought, im sure it could hav been done cheaper though.