600 HP on a budget

gixxerrider

well im hoping for about 700 + horspower , im building a 408 with forged bottom end new heads, i have the nitrous kit coming in a few days and im going to use a bigger t trim vortech . i have spent alot, 3k for tranny,  5-6k for the new 408, 4k on the blower kit ,another 1k on the new blower ( and that was a steal) and about 2-3k on bolt ons, and another 1k on all the nitrous goodies. and i have got a pretty good deal on almost everything ive bought, im sure it could hav been done cheaper though.

Chase... don't ever add up those receipts... i'd hate to find out you commited suicide :jester:

I dont want to add up the price of parts but when i get stuff that dont fit like the Airaid air tube with my VR6 intake. It just sucks up my budget. I have a fix for it. I will use the VR6 under hood air scoop and filter with a custom air bos with dual lowwer ram air ducts. I am glad I pick aircraft sheet metal repair. :crackup: I wanted to do thing slowly for now. I was think of getting the perdator and ASP pullies from TBRYAN this week. I will save $144. Want about the new GM perforamance heads and intake?

well im hoping for about 700 + horspower , im building a 408 with forged bottom end new heads, i have the nitrous kit coming in a few days and im going to use a bigger t trim vortech . i have spent alot, 3k for tranny,  5-6k for the new 408, 4k on the blower kit ,another 1k on the new blower ( and that was a steal) and about 2-3k on bolt ons, and another 1k on all the nitrous goodies. and i have got a pretty good deal on almost everything ive bought, im sure it could hav been done cheaper though.

Chase... don't ever add up those receipts... i'd hate to find out you commited suicide :jester:

:crackup:

i used to keep them around....the other day i started glancing through them and i got depressed now everything i get i dump it in a file and its lost in my world

I think Chevy High Performance built their SSS to around 600Hp with the least internal work I've heard of here, and maybe as cheap as it could be done. They were trying to do it on a budget as well if I remember correctly. Anyhow it might be worth checking out.

:crackup:

i used to keep them around....the other day i started glancing through them and i got depressed now everything i get i dump it in a file and its lost in my world

I kept track of everything i've done so far and it all adds up to about $2100! And thats just little things here and there... I think in the next year I should hold off on anything else and save up for two years and get an STS or a Radix. Since my truck is daily driven a turbo would be more practical, since adjusting boost is as easy as punching a few buttons on the boost controller, as aposed to changing pulleys with a radix.

I am not looking to beat everything on the street but i dont want to let the SS badges not mean anything.

in that case put a FI kit on it and call it good... alot of these guys who are running a radix are most likely around 400(ish) rwhp and they are in the mid 13's which is exceptionally fast for a 5200# truck. (you'd be running with relatively stock f-bodies, STI's and spanking almost all SRT 4's.)

Edited by montanass (see edit history)