Engine Trouble Need Help Bad

Did you happen to check the fusible link leaving the fuse box? Do you have dash lights door chimes, radio,? If not the BCM is your prob.

No i didn't check it, but all the above mentioned stuff works. I can't get any error codes though. If i disco something (MAF) won't get any codes.

Truck is @ AK Sales and Service in the Valley - keep your fingers crossed for me. Thanks for all the ideas everyone.... they are appreciated.

- Trav

Edited by rumpy (see edit history)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that alarm is your problem. Why not bring it to an install place and have them check the alarm/autostart connections?

Well, i should know tomorrow what the problem is. Its at a GM dealer now, today they called to tell me they are still working on it, it has good compression/fuel pressure. I could've told em' that tho. So we will see. They install alarms/autostarts, so i will have them check that too.

- Trav

Geez, this sucks a big fat one that you've been waiting so long to get your truck running, I don't think I could have kept it together this long without going mental.

Best of luck from the lower 48.

I look at this thread every day to see if there is an update yet. I can only imagine how bad you want your truck back. Mine is down right now with a blowed up transmission. I have been putting some time in on my El camino and haven't pulled it yet but let's just say it ain't gonna be good.

Dave

I look at this thread every day to see if there is an update yet. I can only imagine how bad you want your truck back. Mine is down right now with a blowed up transmission. I have been putting some time in on my El camino and haven't pulled it yet but let's just say it ain't gonna be good.

Dave

Dave & Everyone else -

MY TRUCK IS RUNNING! The GM dealer called and said they found a bad ground that controls my PCM. It was connected but had no continuity - so they reseated it on both ends and she fired right up. So i went and picked her up - on the way home, it was a rough ride, i'm 99% sure i had some bad gas. I had less than quarter tank that had been sitting 6 months. The transmission still needs work(it struggles into second) but other than that - its amazing to have my truck back!!! I'm having Kyle the local STS rep check out my turbo system and it will be a week or two until the transmission work is done. Thanks for everyones help in this thread. Dave - sorry to hear about your transmission - hopefully mine can hang on until I can get it in to get fixed.

Thanks again everyone!

- Travis

Thanks everyone! Just had my first oil change(300 miles). Everything is looking in order. Just gonna do some fine tuning - and some transmission work and she will be a beast!

• 4 weeks later...