New Guy

My name is Andre and I am new to this site....Trying to modify an existing Silverado into an SS. I currently have about 200 hours wrench time into my 2000 1500 2WD Silverado, which I converted the front bumper to the SS bumper, installed K&N FIPK Intake, and Dual Flowmasters. Trying to do the truck piecemeal as I think it takes more time to get things right since I am dealing with a different body style. From here I plan on installing SS wheels and tires, upgrading plugs and wires, re-dyno-ing the truck due to the mods, and finally double shooting the truck pearl coat black. I joined this site to see if there were others who have taken on this task and, if so, they have any ideas or tips to help a fellow SS'r. Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product and running with all of you.

• 2 weeks later...
No need to be territorial about it.....just because I didn't buy one doesn't mean I can't have one.....Hard work is hard work.....do you know what that is?  But thanks for the welcome.

Actually I DO know what hard work is....I bought one...a REAL one!!!

Sorry, but if you build it, it will never be a REAL one. It is one thing to take a Silverado and make it look or perform like an SS, but if it is not a real one, don't try to pass it off as one!

Welcome to the site but I am curious how this will turn out being the first SS pick ups hit the show rooms in 03 and if I am not mistaken the 03's have a different front end/ body style all together from a 2000 chevy. Just curoius. Any body else think this could be a problem?

Brad

Welcome to the site but I am curious how this will turn out being the first SS pick ups hit the show rooms in 03 and if I am not mistaken the 03's have a different front end/ body style all together from a 2000 chevy. Just curoius. Any body else think this could be a problem?

Brad

Could have body cladding problems, plus it won't look right IMO.

-K-

Im not sure maybe if he got new braces or something, I've seen the 2000 with a SS bumper and it looked a nice, dunno how hard it would be to fully put on the front clip and the cat eye stlye...

oh and about the hard work, I wouldnt go there if I were you.