New Guy

Yes, it is a totally different body style. After I ordered the parts, I had to remove the stock bumper and fit the 03 bumper to the truck. Then I cut pieces off the old bumper as braces and many of the old bumpers mounting holes matched up on the gaps of the 03. Then I had the issue of the entire bumper running into the wheel wells.....so I cut and formed the metal bumper and fit the cover on top of it, using a plastic welder to match up the holes for the mounting on the sides. There definitely was a difference between my 5" fender width and the whopping 12" fender on the new body style, but all in all, it came out well. The only issue now is that the lights on a 00 are lower than the 03, so I had to modify the excess plastic on the light fixtures to be able to fit the top of the cover underneath.

All in all, everything is hidden well and even though it did take longer than expected (and more expense), it was well worth it. I like messing with things that, to some, shouldn't be messed with.

Thanks for the post!!

Andre