Hood is going to fly off!!!!

Kim

Okay, I'm am always running late(it's the story of my life). :banghead: So pretty much everyday I'm running 80-90 on the interstate to get to work on time. I swear I think that one of these days the hood is going to come flying off. :crazy: I was watching it the other day on the way to work and it was shaking like crazy. And before you all tell me to slow down :jester: ....It does it at the speed limit too, just not as bad, unless the wind is blowing hard or I'm behind a semi. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? :dunno:

Okay, I'm am always running late(it's the story of my life). :banghead: 
:lol: You and I are just alike! My hood shakes too, it really started moving at 90-mph but since I've lowered the SSS it is stable up to about 100-mph now.

My own idea is that high pressure is building-up underhood and it could be helped with air extractor vents to promote a low pressure zone behind the radiator support, not only would that actually *suck* the hood down but when combined with high air pressure in front of the radiator you would get more cooling at speed.... it's an idea anyway.

Mr. P.

Mine does this at higher speeds... so basically anything over 95. If i have a head-wind and a semi drives by on a two lane it wiggles a bit, but I dont really worry... if you wanted to keep it from wiggling you could just run out the stops so it is really good and snug on them when it closes. :D