Cold days...

zippy

Well, after a weekend of not having any heat at home the repair guy came out to fix my furnace today, it's broken.. :banghead: Time for another, any thoughts/idea's guys? (I assume there are some heating and cooling people in here).

I can help..  I will give you a call

I'm stuck here by myself right now so I can't chat on the phone yet, but I'll try to call you back in a few. It's a good thing I haven't had to sleep there in a while. :D

I'm stuck here by myself right now so I can't chat on the phone yet, but I'll try to call you back in a few. It's a good thing I haven't had to sleep there in a while. :D

Haha

good deal..

What I need to know is the BTUH rating on the furnace.. and is it the furnace only that went out? I know you don't have AC but we can probobly add that if we replace the unit.

I will fill you in more when we talk I think the actual unit will be cheaper in mich than here I can get a furnace locally for about 800 or so but I have a feeling up in your area it should be cheaper I need to find some supply houses in the GH area so I can call for pricing. It's about a days work to install the furnace the ac.. a little more time consuming becuase we need to run power lines

I will talk to you soon enough there is a whole slew of things going on today.

what kind of heat do you have baseboard or forced induction heat. I tell ya what if you got a gas try a Munchin Furnace they are more efficeint than a train furnace and about half the cost. Just make sure your blower for the gases is at least 6 inches to the closest wall it is pushing the gases out of

leave the races early...not at home... :thumbs:

find out exactly what part does not work. it is far easier to replace a broken sensor,fan,switch...than replace the entire unit, unless you have the $$ to put into your sytem. IMO unless the case is rusted or the system is loud or inefficent, try to find someone to fix it, or else it could be upto $3K to get new furnace, ducting, humidifyier...

keep us posted-if you need more help, I can cross reference most plumbing parts to see what cost is.

later joe

Hopefully if all goes well I am just going to swap out the unit this weekend for a new one he has an older unit that is just beyond worth repairing. If anyone has any hookups in western mich with a supply house let him or I know otherwise I am trying to get him one out of chicago probobly a Rheem or York. :thumbs:

I'm surviving so far. The last 2 days are all I've slept in it since it broke. Fortunatly my computers have no problem heating the room I sleep in. I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with it though... :banghead: