Few SSS questions

SS TowPig

ok i have the 05' 2wd SS and everytime the truck leans or goes over a bump the passenger side ex. cab door jam squeaks like a creakin noise really, it drives me nuts...oiled everything in there and just cant seem to figure out where this or what this is from, wondering if anyone elses trucks do that?

Also on the 2wd versions i noticed that it doesnt have the disc brakes anymore on the back and was wondering why....that seems kinda cheesy to have a SS Performance truck with rear drums....i dunno? anyways any info is appreciated...later on yall

Cole

Actually, according to Chevy High Performance, the reason for the drum brakes is that that rear end came out of the 2500HD because the AWD rear couldn't handle the torque and the 2500 rear had drums rather than discs. But , if thats not right I'm sure Zippy could clear it up.

I can tell you this, I have owned an 04 SS and an 06 SS. The 06 with the drum brakes on the rear have much better brakes than my 04. The 04 had a mushy pedal feel and weak brakes. The 06 has a very positive pedal feel and the brakes work great. I have to admit, I like the looks of the disc brakes better, but other than looks, I am very happy with the 06 brakes. Just my 2 cents. :D

I have heard that there is a problem with the rear disc design. I just had to replace rear pads where as the fronts are fine with 21k miles on it. You would think that the only way the rears should wear down quicker than the fronts is from heavy loads. With my driving and the lack of hauling any thing writh while the fronts should have worn quicker. Just a thought.