Need some exhaust help!!

KzooVette

So I will be picking up my 03 SS in a few days. :cheers:

One of the things I am a little concerned about, though, is the exhaust.

I believe it is a Flowmaster 40 series that is already installed. It looks like it is a completely alluminized cat back system (which in Michigan means I will be looking for another system in no time at all - dayum salt trucks!!)

I need to quiet the exhaust a bit, though. I carry a lot of business people (and the wife and kids) and they would not be as impressed as I am!! Let me make it clear, though . . . I am no stranger to loud - have LG Long Tubes and Borla Stinger Quads on the the C5 - but I would like to quiet the truck a bit.

I have seen several people say a well placed X-pipe will decrease the in cabin resonance. Is it worth it or should I just put on a Corsa Sport (stainless) and sell the flowmasters on Ebay (or here)??

:pop:

Edited by KzooVette (see edit history)

I'm thinking of selling the Flowmaster too! It's getting louder over time... plus it doesn't give any power...I lost 10 mph on the 1/4.  :wtf: I am looking at Corsa now.

im calling BS on your statement...10mph? dude thats liek saying you lost 100hp. sorry you didnt lose 10mph. maybe 1 or 2 mph but not 10mph

I'm thinking of selling the Flowmaster too! It's getting louder over time... plus it doesn't give any power...I lost 10 mph on the 1/4.  :wtf: I am looking at Corsa now.

im calling BS on your statement...10mph? dude thats liek saying you lost 100hp. sorry you didnt lose 10mph. maybe 1 or 2 mph but not 10mph

I'm gonna call the same :icon_bs: on this one too. sounds like something else is going on. but your right that flowmaster is really just a sound, it dosn't make power like magnaflow or borla.

Thanks for the input so far! Now it looks like I should start looking for a new, or gently used Corsa Sport. Any ideas on best price vendors? I have not been all that impressed with TByrne in the Corvette community. . .

And as for the 10MPH loss in the quarter, my truck is red - so that shouldn't be a problem!! :cool:

Edited by KzooVette (see edit history)