Do your brakes do this?

red00lght

This is my 2nd Silverado (first SS) and I notice that this one takes a lot more brake pedal pressure/effort to bring the truck to a stop? So much so that it feels like I might be in trouble if I had to really get it down to speed in a hurry.

I think one thing that might be causing this is my idle seems a little high....I can release the brake and the truck starts rolling immediately. The revs at idle look decent though at 700-800.

Any thoughts?

Mine aren't grabbing and releasing...but I literally start to wear out my calf muscle just holding the pedal down at stoplights as it takes firm pressure to keep the truck from moving, and it takes firm pressure to bring it down from speed. I'm still suspicious that the idle is slightly high making things worse. :confused:

Mine aren't grabbing and releasing...but I literally start to wear out my calf muscle just holding the pedal down at stoplights as it takes firm pressure to keep the truck from moving, and it takes firm pressure to bring it down from speed.  I'm still suspicious that the idle is slightly high making things worse.  :confused:

Mine are like that too, I usually have both feet on the brake pedal.

My brakes do kinda do the same thing. Its not a smooth stop, its like it grabs and releases. What change did you notice from the lines Bagged7104?

When I changed them, (5 lines) my brake pedal became much more firm. I feel that the truck stops better too. It took a lot of the spongy pedal feel out. I feel it was a great mod for the price, $125 I think.

My brakes do kinda do the same thing. Its not a smooth stop, its like it grabs and releases. What change did you notice from the lines Bagged7104?

When I changed them, (5 lines) my brake pedal became much more firm. I feel that the truck stops better too. It took a lot of the spongy pedal feel out. I feel it was a great mod for the price, $125 I think.

Right on, They tough to install?

I never understood where all these complaints about brakes were coming from... I never had any issue with how the SSS stoped... for its size and weight I thought it actually did damn well.

In the braking department, the SS nearly pulled up the asphalt on its 60-0- mph emergency braking test, posting a 119-foot stop.

The Dodge's binders were the most resistant to fade in repeated emergency-braking tests, but the best it could muster was a 132-foot stop from 60 mph

Coming right in the middle of the braking pack, the Harley F-150 ground to a halt in 129 feet.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup...pecs_price.html

Its obviously alot better than what the other guys get. :dunno:

I wonder what the cost would be to get 03 return lines.  I guess then you would flash pcm with 03 file to make it a return system?

Wouldn't need to flash with an 03 file, just would need to change the injector flow rate table to a static number.

I never understood where all these complaints about brakes were coming from... I never had any issue with how the SSS stoped... for its size and weight I thought it actually did damn well.

In the braking department, the SS nearly pulled up the asphalt on its 60-0- mph emergency braking test, posting a 119-foot stop.

The Dodge's binders were the most resistant to fade in repeated emergency-braking tests, but the best it could muster was a 132-foot stop from 60 mph

Coming right in the middle of the braking pack, the Harley F-150 ground to a halt in 129 feet.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup...pecs_price.html

Its obviously alot better than what the other guys get. :dunno:

It stops good but it can always stop better. Same thing with going fast :thumbs: